YIPPEE! Pink EEs - SHE'S BACK!!!!

Atlchick

Songster
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
Grayson, GA
wee.gif

I'm so EXCITED!!! Sweetie, my EE that lays pink eggs, has FINALLY decided that a THREE-MONTH-LONG hiatus is long enough. She went on strike in October and I finally got my first egg from her today. I was afraid that her laying days were over.

Last edited:
Maybe she can come talk to my 3 EEs.
hmm.png
They stopped laying in September-ish and are all completely done with their molts. Now they just hang out. I am sure they will wait until March to lay again.
roll.png

Maybe not! I also had three other layers that stopped laying at the same time either due to molt/cold/grief...but those three started laying again after a few weeks. It just took Sweetie months to 'get over herself'. Got my fingers crossed for your girls!
fl.gif

Here are some of them (prior to her going on hiatus) along with the blues and greens. They are a creamy pink. A couple of people with an interest in genetics from BYC have suggested a project. I'm going to try to 'enhance' the darkness of the pink by mating her with a roo from a breed that lays pink-ish eggs. Then breed one of the roos from that hatch back to her. We'll see what happens....

33447_ee_eggs.jpg

Last edited:
I have 4 EE and all I get are green. Will I ever get a blue or pink egg. Or what ever the strat laying is all they will ever lay?
idunno.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Big Red...count your blessings! I've had EE's that ended up laying brown eggs when I was hoping and wishing for green or blue! What a disappointment! I had a wyandotte that layed pink(ish) eggs though.

Back
Top Bottom