YIPPEE! Pink EEs - SHE'S BACK!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Atlchick, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Atlchick

Atlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    [​IMG]

I'm so EXCITED!!! Sweetie, my EE that lays pink eggs, has FINALLY decided that a THREE-MONTH-LONG hiatus is long enough. She went on strike in October and I finally got my first egg from her today. I was afraid that her laying days were over.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Maybe she can come talk to my 3 EEs. [​IMG] They stopped laying in September-ish and are all completely done with their molts. Now they just hang out. I am sure they will wait until March to lay again. [​IMG]

3. Atlchick

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    Maybe not! I also had three other layers that stopped laying at the same time either due to molt/cold/grief...but those three started laying again after a few weeks. It just took Sweetie months to 'get over herself'. Got my fingers crossed for your girls! [​IMG]

4. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    Pics?? I have never seen a pink egg, though I have heard of them...

5. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    Yeah, pics please [​IMG]

6. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Yes, PLEASE show us pics of the infamous PINK egg, I would love to see it.....[​IMG]

7. Atlchick

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    Here are some of them (prior to her going on hiatus) along with the blues and greens. They are a creamy pink. A couple of people with an interest in genetics from BYC have suggested a project. I'm going to try to 'enhance' the darkness of the pink by mating her with a roo from a breed that lays pink-ish eggs. Then breed one of the roos from that hatch back to her. We'll see what happens....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  8. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I was that my EEs layed pink

9. Big Red Roo

Big Red Roo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2009
    Waco Tx
    I have 4 EE and all I get are green. Will I ever get a blue or pink egg. Or what ever the strat laying is all they will ever lay? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Big Red...count your blessings! I've had EE's that ended up laying brown eggs when I was hoping and wishing for green or blue! What a disappointment! I had a wyandotte that layed pink(ish) eggs though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by