Yippie/ spur of the moment adoption!!!#Photo finally of my new silkie

FortWorthChicks: what part of town are you in? Ft. Worth is my hometown!!! TCU area. I really miss home. What store did you get your roo at?
Carol

TCU AREA ey!! lol I live within spitting distance. Couple blocks from pascal!! lol nice to meet ya!

And believe it or not .... this year it was a white christmas! first since the 1920's

Last edited:
Ok ... so whats going to have to happen is im going to have to break down and ask my husband to help me post pics on here! ... this involves listening to alot of technical talk which so does not do my stress levels good. I will have to remember that once I learn I can post pics of my pretty girls and my NEW BOY Enous!!!

I got in trouble
wink.png
wink.png
for staring at my chickens today haha... oh well.

I feel like I found people who understand me... lol many of my friends are a little weirded out by my love of chickens! Oh well I dont care!

Quote:
I am in the DFW area too!

FortWorthChicks: I used to live in the Berkley neighborhood, near the zoo. I also lived closer to campus when I went to school at TCU, off of Cantey St. Really miss the old places. My new husband has never been to TX and I haven't been home in 5 years. I think it's time for a visit.

Where 'bouts are you, silkiechick05?

oh man... I had vowed not to get a roo because of the crowing/ and fear of them attacking my kids. Thing is I know silkies are sweeties so I'm not worried about that.

Enous has entered our local rooster crowing contest this morning. kindof comical 4-5 roos all in one city block doing their best to let everyone know its morning and I can CROW the best lol.
I will get my hubby to fix my profile pic and show me how to add them today!!

Oh and... I am pretty sure enous feels like a king with all his new hens to care for.. haah. so cute!!!!

Wow there are a lot of people in north texas!

I am in burleson... it is south of fort worth. It is in johnson county, which is right under Tarrant county.

ETA: I am glad your little roo is doing great!

Last edited:
I am about 45 minutes west of Fort Worth- Possum Kingdom Lake - but we visit "the big city" often. My husband is also very understanding about my animals. He didn't even bat an eye when I called from school and told him that I was going to Springtown to get a free horse (he needed to be rescued) or when I told the grandkids that we were going to order about 30 chicks soon.

Back
Top Bottom