Yippie! We have development!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bettacreek, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    My bantam EE's were finally ready to go into the incubator just now, so I figured that I'd candle the frizzles quickly, just out of curiosity. Looks like all but three have veining, but they're only 3 or 4 days old (they were set at about 1am on 2/28), so the other three may still develop. I'm going to be in trouble though, I'm moving my sole button egg to the hatcher soon (should have done it just now, but forgot to plug the hatcher in, so it has to wait), and I have 14 frizzles in the 1588, plus the 17 bantam EE's now, and I have 24+ buttons that should be here tomorrow! Now, if those three frizzle eggs really are infertile, then I should have just enough space to have two quail racks and four chicken racks, which will be perfect for the chicken eggs. I'm not sure how many extra button eggs were sent though, but I very highly doubt that there will be more than 40 (I only bought 24), so I'm not worried about spacing for them. Bah! Thanks a lot people, this is freaking addicting! Thank goodness I postponed my silkie eggs!

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Pulled two frizzle eggs out, but the third that was iffy started to develop. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by