Yippie! Yippie! I have a Pip!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bearz, Jul 8, 2008.

1. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Sure, its 11PM. I've waited all day and just as I'm walking to bed I decide to check one last time to see if they started. I thought yesterday was day 21 but I'm pretty sure I didn't put them in the hatcher until the 17th, which makes today day 21.

I have a pip and can see it moving around inside. Now I'll be up all night!

That one only chick that hatched last Wednesday is gonna finally get some company.

There are 21 eggs due to hatch in the next couple of days. They were all moving and candling well 3 days ago so I'm hoping for some success.

They say 3rd time is the charm!

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    Of course they waited till bedtime! How's it going?

3. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Might as well get the coffee making....Long night ahead! [​IMG]

4. bearz

May 20, 2008
    4 out, a bunch more half done. The one that started it all last night is still in the shell and I'm getting worried. I know the humidity is good because its loaded with condensation and the air feels really humid inside. I finally gave in and gave the shell a quick extra crack on the top. I'm hoping that does the trick.

Tonight I'm going to bed and hope to be surprised in the morning.

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I'm right there with you! One pip out of 41 eggs and it was several hours ago. They sure take long naps!!! Going to bed shortly and will hopefully be surprised in the morning...IF I can sleep!

Wishing you good hatching vibes!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Good luck! Hope their done in the morning. How can you sleep? I'd be too excited. What breed are they?

7. bearz

May 20, 2008
    Brown leghorns and silkies. Also some bl/s mixes should be hatching in the next few days. Those are a staggered hatch over the next 3 weeks.

I didn't sleep more than an hour at a crack last night and I'm gonna be up again all night.

Sigh....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by