YIPPIEE!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollymh, Feb 10, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    OMG I'm so excited, I have a pip!!![​IMG] I had lost all hope thinking my babies died, but I have a pip! I do have a question though, the pip is there but I don't hear peeping and the shell is still over the pip,it hasn't broken away, so are we stilll good to go?!?! Temp is 99.7 and humudity is between 65-67%! Any input is welcome since I'm a first timer! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Hi Holly. My first hatch too! I have 2 pips. The shell is still over the hole on one and pushed away ever so slightly on the other. I can hear 1 cheeping! Isn't this exciting? Good luck and keep me posted. I am leaving to go to town here soon, but I hope to have more pips or cheeping when I come home. [​IMG]

3. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:Good Luck! I'm beside myself with excitement, you know you will have to post pics too when you have peepers! [​IMG]

4. thechickenchick

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:Good Luck! I'm beside myself with excitement, you know you will have to post pics too when you have peepers! [​IMG]

I know! You too! I text messaged my DH a picture of the egg that has the hole in it. He thinks I am a little nutty! However he loves me enough to call me and tell me how cool it was. Besides, he built the bator, so he is my enabler!

5. Country Guy John

Country Guy John Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congratulations!!! It sounds like everuthing is right on track. I just completed my 3rd hatch and I got 100% hatch rate and I know the feeling of being somwhat anxious trying to wait for them to hatch.

6. GOSPELSOLDIER

GOSPELSOLDIER Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    new britain
  7. GOSPELSOLDIER

Dec 27, 2008
    new britain
    so mines is 11 days is it dead? or unfertile..this is one of them

[​IMG]

8. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    GOSPELSOLDIER-

I coudln't tell you,[​IMG] it doesn't look infertile per say, is there are dark spot moving around in the egg when you candle it?

9. GOSPELSOLDIER

Dec 27, 2008
    new britain
    yeah it is thats why im sorta confused.....here are other eggs at 11 days since placed in my self made incubtor....

[​IMG]

this one is clear tome...maybe the pic is not that clear but to me yes...so you tell me.....then there are these.....

im not even sure what these are if they are birds or they are bacteria... but only because its my first hatch or should i sy try...lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then these they dont move but seem like they are on their way

[​IMG]

10. thechickenchick

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I have 1 chick out and 1 is working really hard! Shouldn't be long for her now! This is so great!! How are yours coming?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by