Yippy!! Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jersy87, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jersy87

jersy87 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    New Updates: Well as you all probley remember my first clutch of chicks were born June 5th. They are all doing good even the one I had to bring in the house as it was so weak.. They are outta my hen Bandit. Well my hen Black got jealous I think and she started her nest the same day. Two of her chicks hatched today and two are peeping... Its so exciting...

I took Bandit's chicks from her today as she was in the dog kennel inside the chicken house with them, and i need the kennel for Black and her chicks. Bandit's chicks are now in the tank. Doing good... Bandit is alittle sad but not too bad. Had hen fight which is strange as she was never outta the house. Seems strange.. but broke it up.. will keep eye on them more..

My 12 barred rock chicks I bought are doing good. THey are in a full open dog crate/kennel inside the house now to get use to the other hens.

Bandit's chicks are: 2 white, 1 buff, 2 blacks, and 1 that is white with black..

Black's chicks so far are red/buff w/ dark red stripes down their back...

2. casumm

casumm Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wow! You've got your hands full of chicks now! I'm so glad it's going well for mamas and babies. Congrats on all the fuzzy little puff balls.

-chris

3. jersy87

jersy87 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    Ya kinda..
    Bandit is sad without her kids. I just didnt want to let them all out and they end up getting hurt. She was talking to Black last nite it was cute as they were talking back and forth together. Havent went out yet but hopefully more bundles of joy are born [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by