yippy! i got an egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fratmor, Jan 2, 2011.

1. fratmor

fratmor Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    ny,ny
    Well some one gave me a late Christmas present today.[​IMG][​IMG]I was away for the last 4 days ( i did leave a chicken sitter that came everyday to check on them and no eggs were reported by him) and today I came home as I was unloading the car it sounded like someone was trying to kill my chickens . When I went to the back to see what was going on I opened the coop and there it was.. on the floor of the coop right by the door a tiny little perfect egg. so I'm hoping that they all start laying now. they where born on 8/13/10.
    I have no clue who laided the egg does anyone know how to tell who the proud layer would be.[​IMG]
    well today Tuesday 1/4/11 I got my second egg this one is pink I think it might have been my bardvelder [​IMG] 2 in one week

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Thats so egg-citing! Congratulations! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. alleyjazz

alleyjazz Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    I have 10 hens that were hatched 08/15 and none are laying yet. One of the sex links is showing some interest in the nest boxes and she's making a low little humming noise, so I'm hoping it will be soon. What breed are your girls?

4. sunshine23

sunshine23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Hialeah, FL
    Quote:Congrats! and I guess whoever is making the loud noise laid that egg [​IMG]

5. krazeepolack

krazeepolack Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] HOORAY for your team!! My chickens were hatched three day after yours, & I'm still waiting. [​IMG] One hen sat in the nest for a while yesterday, but evidently was having false feelings? She abandoned her sitting after a couple hours. Maybe soon? [​IMG]

6. fratmor

fratmor Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    ny,ny
    I have a about 23 different kindsof chickens I ordered a rainbow mix from meyer.The egg was a pinky/white tiny egg I will post it when I figure it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by