yoga anyone?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by annie3001, Sep 10, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I am up early at 3am, off to my job today. Good thing I am off by 1030a (sigh). Been thinking how to clear my head, mind,etc.... and I have since taken up yoga. Home yoga, as I like to call it. Anyone else do it at home with videos? I was going to enlist around my town, but holy moly its very expensive. (unless money isnt a problem).
    For the experience of doing it with others, I may buy myself a birthday gift come februray next year. However in the mean time, I purchased a video set package and cant wait to get back into it.
    I have a place in our master bedroom that I feel will be the best spot for doing it. Away from the hussle and bustle of everyday life etc.
    Long before I had children I did some yoga, it was fun, but now I think as I am a bit older, I may take more from it. Enjoy it more.
    Any tips anyone has is much appriciated!!
    Take care!!

[​IMG]

2. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

OMG, "home yoga" is AMAZING! I have never taken a yoga class but have been working out semi-regularly (life is what it is) for a few years now, and I love doing home Yoga videos! I love Bob Harper's Yoga videos (I love ANYTHING related to Bob Harper, Jillian Michaels, and/or The Biggest Loser), and I have a couple of Lilia's videos from a few years ago.

I have a strong belief in utilizing what you have available to help you feel better, and yoga is a wonderful, dynamic, and peaceful practice for "getting there". I don't think it really matters if you use yoga videos at home or take a class.... been doing yoga for about 8 years and have never taken a "class".

Ya use what ya have available. [​IMG]

3. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I do yoga from home w/ Adrienne Reed's videos (off the tv station and dvr, not her made video's) It is the only exercise I have stuck w/, I love it. I have never taken a class b/c I live in rural OK so they are few and far between, and usually at 0600 am or so, not being an early riser not much of an option for me.

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    cool!!!! Ill have to look into some of the names.. thank you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by