Yoga On The Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by deb1, Nov 16, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    My stepfather used to tease me and say that I was a stork. When I was younger, I found standing on one leg, with the opposite foot tucked up high against my inner thigh to be comfortable. I stopped standing like that because it was pointed out to me that it looked odd.

My youngest daughter stands like that now and then. I have seen my younger son stand in the same position also. As I broke myself of standing like that before they were born(it actually was a habit), I think the stance must be genetic.

Anyway, I was looking up information on the wii fit and saw a woman modeling the exact pose for the yoga version of wii fit!!

I had not idea that the pose had a name. All this time, I could have told people that I was practicing my yoga. [​IMG]

Sadly, I can no longer stand like that comfortably. [​IMG] We might be getting the wii fit this afternoon so maybe I will relearn.

I just thought it was interesting that such a strange habit that is shared between my children and me would actually be something that people try to learn.

So, have any of you done the yoga on wii fit? Was it effective for teaching you balance?

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    The Wii Fit is great. I like the yoga program. It does indeed help you learn to distribute your body weight correctly. I don't use it as much as I should, but It's fun and effective.

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I love the Wii Fit. I like the balance games the most.

4. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    Our entire family loves the Wii Fit! Especially my daughter. She's two and a half and loves to do the yoga on it. She follows along and does what the instructor does. She can't do all the stuff, and so we have to pick and choose, but it's fun. And then she cheers us (my husband and I) as we do it too. She also loves doing the ski slalom and heading soccer balls. It doesn't matter if she doesn't get very many or do so well, it's just a fun experience!

Oh, and my favorite is the tightrope walking!

Have fun with it, and nevermind everything it tells you about your weight and exercise regimen. That thing can get a little mean. The only other thing I wish I could do was tell it that I'm pregnant so that it will take that into account instead of constantly telling me I have to lose weight.

[​IMG]

That's my daughter doing some of the yoga. My husband thought it was too cute so got a picture of it.

5. I want the Wii Fitness SSSSOOO BAD! My mom has it and she spends 30 minutes EVERYDAY on the system, an hour total exercising using other equipment every morning before she gets ready for work. My mom is a health freak and she looks GOOD! 47 years old and she looks like she is maybe 30 or so (IM SERIOUS)! Last xmas we were at the mall to see Santa and a guy asked if my mom was the Mother and I was the Grandma [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    According to the Wii Fit, my stance is awful. My body weight is evenly distributed between the left and right, but front and back is awful. It tells me to lean forward more and that puts WAY too much weight on the front for me. I look like a moron if I tried to walk around like that.

As for the yoga, it's an excellent tool on there. Also the "running" competitions.

7. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Okay, after reading what you wrote, I think that you need a cyber hug. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by