yogurt

mlssa smth

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2016
Hey there :ya i just read that feeding yogurt to you chickens should NOT be a regular thing. But when i add powder probiotic to anything it's like they know and won't touch it..I must have THE PICKEST girls around. Only 2 of them.Their cheerleader passed away almost 2 months ago. Red ate almost everything.So the other 2 would..Now that she is gone it's like they don't know what to do. So yes they do get bread, yogurt,black oil seed..And boy do they like ground up hot dogs:hmm. Sooo,is it all right for them to have yogurt on a regular basis??

Hey there :ya i just read that feeding yogurt to you chickens should NOT be a regular thing. But when i add powder probiotic to anything it's like they know and won't touch it..I must have THE PICKEST girls around. Only 2 of them.Their cheerleader passed away almost 2 months ago. Red ate almost everything.So the other 2 would..Now that she is gone it's like they don't know what to do. So yes they do get bread, yogurt,black oil seed..And boy do they like ground up hot dogs:hmm. Sooo,is it all right for them to have yogurt on a regular basis??
Why feed them yogurt---you get it free? Let me say this---do your homework on the ingredents that are in yogurt and if it will harm them if given to much----maybe someone here has already done their home-work---but you will need to make sure before you just take some ones word. I will tell you this I raise a lot of chickens and I use a feed that someone/company has formulated that is a lot smarter than me and it works great for my chickens---the good egg laying breeds lay about every day. I do not buy yogurt, or this and that to feed mine----you can----Mine do good with factory feed. Now, if I had a expired thing of yogurt---I would probably dump it in their pan, even a little bread and don't forget the table scraps---LOL, a little of it too, but their main feed it factory feed----good healthy laying hens.

I'd be more worried about the bread, and hot dogs, both should be fed sparingly, or not at all. Black oil sunflower seeds can cause internal fat if you feed too much too, which will cause all kinds of problems and will shorten your chickens lives. A more low fat, higher protein diet is best with small portions of healthier treats. If you feed a good ration there's no reason to add probiotics to their diet.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best

CT

Back
Top Bottom