Yogurt?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by lindz8504, Oct 3, 2013.

1. lindz8504

lindz8504 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Blue Ridge Mtns in NC
    I have had several people suggest and seen on several web sites as well to feed your chickens yogurt....
    Is there any particular kind? I have strawberry yoplait in my fridge now, and was wondering about giving them a cup of it to share?

2. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    I'd rather eat the yogurt myself, and give the birds Oyster Shell if they need Calcium.

Chickens will eat most anything, and really don't care so much about what it tastes like.

They aren't smart enough to appreciate "treats", and yogurt certainly isn't something they would eat naturally

3. teamfluffybutt

teamfluffybutt Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2013
    Central Arkansas
    Mine love yogurt as a treat--when I have a carton that's going old, I bring a spoonful down to the coop with me and the girls eat it out of the spoon in my hand. So far they like the plain greek kind.

4. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    My 5 chickens get yogurt about twice a week. I only give them plain yogurt -- no sugar. The yogurt is great for their digestive systems.

5. countrydream7

countrydream7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2013
    I think yogurt would also be good for them healthy I will try this with mine when I get on Tuesday after they grow a little lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by