Yokohamas--are we hes?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PrettyDozen, Jul 20, 2010.

1. PrettyDozen

PrettyDozen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2010
    Tennessee
    First of all hi!! (I'm new here, although I've been pouring over the site for months) I'm hoping you can help me figure out if my yokohamas are boys or girls. I'm pretty sure that I already have one cockerel, although I don't know for sure because he isn't crowing. He just seems like a boy. I'm hoping I don't end up with three roos, as I do have neighbors. Anyhow, what do you think?

Here's Suki. She's about 2 months old.

[​IMG]

And Hokato. Also about 2 months old

[​IMG]

And the two of them together (Hokato is on the left)

[​IMG]

And just for the fun of it, here's Luna. He (I'm assuming) is 4 months old. A comb is starting to form - although you can't see it for all the feathers, but he's still just chirping (for lack of better word). I don't know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help!

2. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Looks like you have 3 roosters!

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I don't know- those are tough! I'm not even sure what the girls are supposed to look like. What a cool breed though- hope you get some more feedback.

4. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    On the silkie I have no idea but those two yoko's are definitively males..they have the red brown shoulder marks..they will be beautiful longtails.. [​IMG] to bad im too far away I could have taken any yoko male you didn't want and trade you some females..or I have a friend that is looking for a yokohama cockerel..beautiful birds by the way I really like the silkie wish I knew more about them..

5. PrettyDozen

Jul 19, 2010
    Tennessee
    Aww!! Too bad!! Because I love them all, but they're cooped up so much of the day and I just don't have enough space for them to run (or enough hens for that matter). Bummer!

Anyone want to take one off my hands? : )

6. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Wow!!! Super cool looking birds. I am going to have to add those to my "must have" list!

7. Lbrad7

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Just noticed that you need to get rid of them. Where in TN are you located? I live just across the GA line from Chattanooga. Maybe I can help you out.

8. PrettyDozen

Jul 19, 2010
    Tennessee
    I'm on the west side of Nashville. It'd probably be a bit far unless you were heading toward Nashville anyway.

9. Lbrad7

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    [​IMG] You're right, that is a little far. Good luck with them...they are beautiful birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by