Yolks look scrambled (day 7)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by duckboatprincess, Sep 11, 2009.

1. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    My yolks look like they may be scrambled when I candle. Is this right or is there something wrong with my eggs? I'm on day 7. I had movement yesterday but I had a hard time seeing the embryos today. Any clue?

2. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    scrambled??? do you see veining?...did you see a chick??? a tiny dark spot for the eye??? Air cell?...

3. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    There is a lot of veining and once in a while I can see an embryo. There is an aircell and it is getting progressively larger. I don't know if it really is scrambled but there is stuff floating around that looks like the yolk. In some of the eggs, there is no clear areas except for the aircell.

4. Kiwi Chicky

Kiwi Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Te Awamutu, NZ
    I thought mjne were scrambled at that stage too, but now I'm at day 17 and they've definately grown!

just leave them for now and candle again in a few days

good luck [​IMG]

5. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Oh okay. Thanks. I got a new flash light (Mini Mag) and looked at one this morning. The embryo is definately bigger and swimming. I could see two parts to it so I'm thinking eye and something else?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by