York County PA- soon to be homeless goats.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hikerchick, Dec 21, 2009.

1. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I am losing my house and need to find homes for my three remaining goats.

Nomad - the pygmy wethers in my avatar- is 3 years old.

Dancer- 5 year old pygmy nanny. Has beautiful babies and is a good mom.

City Goat - young Alpine nanny. Not sure of her age because she was a rescue.

Anyone in York County vicinity who would like some goats?

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm really sorry to hear this and I wish I could help. [​IMG]

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Awww! How well do you think they'd do in a pasture with a full size hog and a horse? If you cannot find a home for them, and if they'd be alright in the previously mentioned conditions, I'll ask if I can keep them at the boyfriend's grandparents' place.

4. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Oh how sad for you!

Bettacreek, I don't know about these in particular, but as long as the horse and hog play nice with others, the goats should be ok. I kept my goats in with a horse for a while and they were great friends. You'll also need to be sure the goats can't fit through your fencing, as they are great at escaping!

Wish I was close enough to take them, poor babies!

5. lhewitt

lhewitt New Egg

Jan 7, 2010
    Hello,

I am in central Maryland. Did you find a home for you goats? If not, please email me.

Take care.

Lee

6. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:Hey Lee! Good to see you on here! Still keeping an eye out for ducks! I have a pair of mandarin ducks for auction on here right now, but they are very flighty--not like the large ones you got from me. [​IMG] Tracey

7. pepperluvsmee

pepperluvsmee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Seven Valleys, Pa
    So sorry to hear of your misfortune. There is a Lhama rescue in Maryland that may take your goats. The name of the rescue is Broken Fence Farm.
    I rescued a goat from my neighbors and took him down there. She has a wonderful place. I have not been in touch with her for quite some time, but it would be worth looking into.
    XOXO-Theresa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by