Yorkie Chickens !

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MamaNoodle, May 16, 2008.

1. MamaNoodle

MamaNoodle New Egg

May 16, 2008
    Hello there, I just got 2 baby chicks from a local farm. I was told that they are both Bantams and about 3 weeks old, but I have no idea what kind they are. I'm hoping someone can help identify them. The dark one has black feet and they both seems to have the start of a few feathers on their feet. The lighter one has a little fuzzball for a tail and the black one has longer feathers. Here are some pictures of them along with my yorkie "Noodle" who thinks they are HIS chickens now. lol

BTW, this is a great site and has been a wealth of information !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Can't help on breed, but the pictures are adorable!

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    How adorable!! I want that dog!! can't help with the breed either but....[​IMG] Glad you found us...we're the best site for chickens!

4. Donza

Donza Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
    SW Ranches FL (SE FL)
    The little brown one looks like a Wellsouth (I think that's the name) - anyway they are usually referred to as Dutch or Holland chicks. Someone in another of the forum topics referred to them as looking like "chipmunks" because of the stripes I guess.

I have had several and they are really sweet. The hens are brown/gold with black-laced feathers and the roos are really pretty with green-black feathers and gold/orange feathers around their head. They don't seem to be very common for some reason - have only recently found them on a few of the hatchery sites. I got all of mine locally a while ago.

Right now I have 3 of them that are half-silkie and really pretty.

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I think you have a partridge cochin and a gold laced cochin. That is my completely inexperienced guess, lol!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2008
  6. Donza

Donza Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
    SW Ranches FL (SE FL)
    Maybe we should have a guess the chick contest!![​IMG]

7. MamaNoodle

MamaNoodle New Egg

May 16, 2008
    I've been looking up all of the suggestions so far, it's hard to tell because some of the pics I found are of newly hatched chicks and not 3 weeks old. I also saw a pic of a "Blue Duckwing" chick that looked similar to the lighter one, any more ideas ?

8. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    The brown one does look a lot like my bantam EEs when they were babies. My bantam EEs never laid anything but cream colored eggs, though [​IMG]

[​IMG]

edited to fix image.

As adults hens, they look like minature Wellsummers.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  9. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    I got some bantams that looked exactly like that. I am still trying to figure out what they are tho...[​IMG]
    The closest I've come to consistant guesses was.... The chickmunk looking color one a bantam Easter egger (Auraucauna) or some type of OEG but.... your has feathering on the feet and those two types don't have feathered feet soooo.... I am not sure on these either. I would go with the Bantam Cochins a partridge and a black but I have two standards of those and don't think they look like that either to much..... [​IMG] Maybe...IDK...really bad at this guessing stuff...[​IMG] Here is a pic of my partridge and black cochins just standard breeds tho... [​IMG] Good luck finding out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by