You all know you wanna see my babies...

ChickenCrazy4ever

Songster
8 Years
Jan 26, 2011
My house :D
So I'm going to be so gracious as to fulfill your wishes. (There's a possibility I messed up while uploading the pictures and if I did, I'm sorry for disappointing all of you cause you must be dying to see my lil girls.)
tongue.png
However, before I actually show you the pictures there are a couple things I want to tell you about them first. We ordered 12 barred rock pullets and we are realizing that one (Epic) is a cockerel. Pipsqueak already has a boyfriend. (Sorry guys, you're out of luck.) There's probably more I'm forgetting but I'm done rambling about them for now.

This is a view of the brooder. The hatchery sent 13 males ( Most likely buff orphingtons or leghorns) to us along with the females we ordered. Eventually we gave the males to a feed store.
5mzgk0.jpg

Here's one of our males that we no longer have.
35i94lg.jpg

Annnd here's Luna, the first one we named.
15gwk7t.jpg

We made a roost for them which they often sit on...
mmzsbm.jpg

and sleep on.
6tnzn4.jpg

Should the roost be full, you can always sleep on the floor.
big_smile.png

35id99s.jpg

Here are 3 fluffy-butts hanging out by the feeder.
bio30w.jpg

Hehe I woke somebody up with my flash.
2hxov0m.jpg

This is a curious chick checking out my camera when we took them outside for the first time. They had a blast eating the compost and grass.
2d7bucp.jpg

Pisqueak (in front) and another chick in the yard.
k9c2w.jpg

This is Pipsqueak... again.
1115z79.jpg

And again. Because she's my favorite,
love.gif
I spoil her and take LOTS of pictures of her.
2u6z29d.jpg

This is Fluffet, my best friend's baby. Even though Fluffet lives at my house and I care for her more than anyone else, it has to be my best friend's baby right?
wink.png

2mera5y.jpg

This is some of my chicks by the compost pile. The one that wouldn't stand still and has a blurred head, of course, is my rooster.
snkrvc.jpg

My chicks have grown more since the pictures were taken but these are the only ones I currently have on the computer sooo that's all you will see of my chickies... for now.
smile.png

P.S. It took me forever to make this post, and now I'm exhausted
th.gif
so you better enjoy it.
tongue.png

I am trying to get my hands on some local buff orpingtons and americaunas. I am trying to avoid ordering from a hatchery because I just can't handle their minimum order numbers.

Quote:
The only way I was able to get Orpingtons was to get eggs and hatch them. There is someone who sometimes sells them around here but I guess they're not popular because it's hot here and they are supposed to do better in cooler climates. Mine do get pretty hot but I have a fan in the coop, plenty of shade and a couple ponds in my back yard plus 2 or 3 water dishes around that I keep filled.t

Love the chicks.
Also love your feeder and waterer. How was the waterer made?

Quote:
We made the waterer by drilling a whole in the bottom corner of an empty apple juice container. (Always keep the lid screwed tightly on or the water will overflow) For the actual dish, my dad used a razor-blade to cut the bottom off an old container.

The chicks ended up climbing in it so we cut a hole in the brooder box and put the waterer up against the brooder by the hole so that the chicks can only get their heads in it.

Back
Top Bottom