1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

You are NOT gonna believe THIS! *PICS Added*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Broke Down Ranch, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I had posted asking about if it were possible to register a new Nubian nanny who came to us without papers. Well, check out this story....

DH picked up GiGi (the new girl) on his way to take 2 of our other girls over to a friends to get bred to his Nubian billy. Well, we firgured just go ahead and drop off the new girl too. We left them there for a week then DH goes over there on Friday to pick up our 3 girls and comes home with 2 billies too! Our friend had had a woman come and buy up EVERY goat thing he had except for his billies so he GAVE both billies to us AND the fencing he had been using to contain them! Both billies are REGISTERED - one Nubian, one Saanen! How crazy is that?! He also gave us MULTIPLE bags of feed, some BOSS AND Calf Manna!

I will try to get pics today of GiGi, Radar, and Hollywood but it's been storming so dunno if I'll get a chance. And, with the addition of the 2 new billies we are up to 16 goats! We didn't even get our first goats until June of last year and then we only got 3 girls and 1 little buckling that was lost to a urinary tract infection.

I think someone was bemoaning the addictive nature of owning goats..... [​IMG]

OK, here are pics of the newbies. The black and white Nubian billy is Hollywood, the white Saanen billy is Radar - both boys were victims of poor disbudding job. And of course the pretty girl is GiGi - she's polled.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. chook pen jen

chook pen jen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Collie W.Australia
    How lucky can you get, congratulations on your new goats .I dont have any at the moment, but every time I see or hear about them I am very tempted to have a relaps of my goat addiction.Saanan bucks are lovely boys,but they smell something awful, I think they must be the smelliest bucks. Good luck with your goats anddont forget to post pics. [​IMG]

3. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    WOW!

Isnt it great when you luck into deals like that. There are still some wonderful people left in the world.

4. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Yes, this guy is a real gem of a person. The new boys are very docile (they were bottle babies) and YES, Radar is much more smelly than Hollywood [​IMG]

5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    [​IMG] Congrats! We have gone from 3 bottle bucks to 11 head of bottle babies now. Plus we got a bred nanny due in a few weeks.[​IMG] Goats can be very addictive. Ours are Saanen and Saanen/Alpine crosses. One of them looks like GiGi except for it has the Saanen ear set. I want some Nubians. I love their big floppy ears. Now I just have to decide which billy to keep intact and which ones are going to be banded.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by