You can have plants OR you can have chickens. Not both. PICS!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gryeyes, Jan 20, 2011.

1. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I took all these photos today. Somehow or another my cell phone camera flipped to "video" for some of the cutest shots, and I dunno how to get THOSE visible for anybody, but here are a very few of my flock.

Betsy BR, on the back step BEFORE she snuck into the house to snitch a Styrofoam bead. Much mojo, perhaps regrows feathers.
    [​IMG]

Delilah Delaware decimating my potted orange tree.
    [​IMG]

Think it would recover even if I saved it, now?
    [​IMG]

Delilah destroying the root system of that orange tree.
    [​IMG]

Delilah deep in dust-bathing bliss.
    [​IMG]

Rhoda RIR caught cleaning out another pot.
    [​IMG]

Chickens have re-purposed the old bathroom sink I had originally used for day-lilies. Silly me.
    [​IMG]

If you look in the backgrounds of those photos, you will be able to see various other chickens dust-bathing or just tucked up together enjoying the afternoon sun against the wall of the house.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I've learned that you have to fence in the garden cuz my chickens seem to get over every fence I put them behind

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Don't I know it, Linda! [​IMG]

4. Hillary and friend's eggs

Hillary and friend's eggs Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] LOL laughed SO hard! My chickens did the same thing, but in the feeder too![​IMG]

5. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    LOL, My hubby and I were in one part of the garden working and listening to my young turkeys just chattering up a storm, not knowing they were eating all the cabbage and collard plants i just planted ten minutes ago. [​IMG]

6. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    The best part of this, gryeyes, is that instead of shooing them out of your plants, you're taking pictures and I bet you were thinking, "Oh, aren't they cute" instead of, "they're destroying my plants". [​IMG]
    Gee, wonder how I know this? I put up with a whole lot of nonsense out of my birds. Gotta love 'em. [​IMG]

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    [​IMG] Oh that is TOO true!! Great pictures!!

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:The orange tree is really the only thing I would have LIKED to keep growing, but by the time I saw Delilah in the pot and the tree at that angle, I knew it was a lost cause. So why not enjoy it at that point? Especially since the danged thing has never produced more than orange blossoms and itty-bitty, fingernail-sized, green orange babies before they dropped off. I did like the smell of the orange blossoms. Ah well.

But yes, you are exactly right. [​IMG]

10. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Wow, Delilah almost uprooted that entire orange tree. But of course, as easttxchick mentioned, they're just too darn cute to get mad at.

Adorable pictures; thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by