You can stand an egg up on end today! PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by crazy4daisy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. crazy4daisy

crazy4daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Today is the first day of spring [​IMG] - which means it's the vernal equinox - which means you can stand an egg up on it's end.

WHAT TO DO: I've done this before and it's well worth trying - you should too. Okay, get an egg out (no misshapen ones) and go to a level surface in your house (countertop is easiest). Be very patient and try to stand the egg up on it's big end. It might take five minutes or so but you have to be patient. The best time to do this is at 8:00 a.m. UNIVERSL TIME (which is about right now I guess). Send in your pictures!!!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  2. merryreader

merryreader Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey!! I did it!! Twice!! With 2 different eggs, standing together!! It was easy!! I got pictures, but don't know how to post yet. Can this be done any other time of the year? Merry

3. fowlweatherfriends

fowlweatherfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    The Sunny South
    Not working in south carolina :O(.
    Have I tried it too late? Does the surface have to be perfectly level?
    I want to see pics since my kids and I can't get ours to stand.
    Thanks!

4. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    Dang wish I had an egg here at work!

5. crazy4daisy

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Quote:Nope:(

I can't post pics because my filter blocks out photobucket but I've got some really good ones - you can even see the egg tilting on one of them!

Anyone who can post pictures would be greatly appreciated.

6. crazy4daisy

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Quote:The surface dosen't have to be perfectly level, but it needs to be the most level surface in your house probably.

Sorry - I can't post pics [​IMG] - if we wait though, I'm sure we can find someone who can.

7. crazy4daisy

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Heh, heh. One more thing - you don't have to do it right at 8:00 - it can be 1-5 hours later - the latest I've done it is like, 6 hours past time!

But, just remember, be REALLY patient - it took me about 10-15 minutes.

8. shemarie

shemarie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2007
    Topeka, KS
    WooHoo...I did it. I could only do it with my Americauna's egg..it was more classic egg shaped. I wonder how long it will stand up. I'm tempted to leave it here, but for the fact it is right in the middle of the counter top where we all sit when we eat breakfast. My fam would probably think I am nuts anyway. LOL

9. crazy4daisy

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Quote:Hey! A neighbor that lives in Topeka! I have an uncle that lives there....

Anyway, I have had one of my eggs stand up for about a day and a half! That is, until my family came home and started walking like they're 800 pounds and shaking the floor purposely...grrr! :thun

10. Southern Chickens

Southern Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I DID IT ! ONE OF EACH COLOR!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by