You can still have a homestead even if your struggling with money!

Ducksfordays

Chirping
Sep 27, 2017
i only live on one acre of land at the moment because my family is currently in the worst state of our life my dads only making 13 dollars an hour for a 4 person family and driving an hour a day to work (which makes gas prices outrageous) I love animals and hope one day when my dad gets his new job to have a lot of animals . I want so many animals but for the amount of animals I want one acre won't do. But I believed in myself I'm going to start a small budget homestead and start off with ducks so If your in a hard place just know all good things come to Those who wait ! If you are having a hard time come to BYC I've learned so far that anyone and everyone on here is friendly if you need to talk I'm always here !

Good going! Great job being proactive. My family isn't in the best state either. Not even close to the ideal situation everybody wants. As much as I want many more animals, I'm just pure happy to have a floor under my boots and a roof over my head. I have somewhere to sleep- I have my necessities. I own 21 beautiful chickens and a Guinea hen that I wouldn't trade for the universe. I have two dogs and plenty of fish that are beautiful. Putting food on the table may be a struggle, but I am able/happy to have meals that I know are worked for and I know weren't-sit around-for or handed to me. This is a wonderful thread and very supportive. Thank you for making it. God Bless! :)

Good going! Great job being proactive. My family isn't in the best state either. Not even close to the ideal situation everybody wants. As much as I want many more animals, I'm just pure happy to have a floor under my boots and a roof over my head. I have somewhere to sleep- I have my necessities. I own 21 beautiful chickens and a Guinea hen that I wouldn't trade for the universe. I have two dogs and plenty of fish that are beautiful. Putting food on the table may be a struggle, but I am able/happy to have meals that I know are worked for and I know weren't-sit around-for or handed to me. This is a wonderful thread and very supportive. Thank you for making it. God Bless! :)
Ahh thank you god bless you too for still going! I forgot to add how grateful I am to have a roof over my head as well ! I will soon own 10 ducks that I will raise from day one and I have a feeling they will mean everything to me thank you!

Ahh thank you god bless you too for still going! I forgot to add how grateful I am to have a roof over my head as well ! I will soon own 10 ducks that I will raise from day one and I have a feeling they will mean everything to me thank you!

Thank you! :hugs That is wonderful!! Congrats! Very good. No need to thank me, it is true that this is a wonderful thread and that it's wonderful you keep going. :)

I agree with all of you! BYC is a wonderful place to be , the people are very supportive. We might not have everything we want right now. Start small to the goals we want. Growing are own food and raising animals can be done anywhere. I have a small lot in a rural area but I can have several little gardens ,chickens and goats. That keeps me smiling

We started with a rural lot in town.... We had chickens and a garden, and then moved to two acres and got goats, chickens, rabbits, sheep, ducks, quail, etc and lived that life for 6-years.... But then we moved to one Acre again..... Not what we had planned but we were going to make it work until plans change again and we are now on 9-acres with a house on it.

Do what you can with what you have!

AND BYC IS THE BEST!

Yes, Backyard Chickens is the best! I bet no one realizes it... But you guys all helped through some rough times and you are all my friends, very proud to me a member here.. Thank you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom