you ever feel like...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by DTchickens, May 12, 2009.

1. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    No one ever wants you around? like you're just a idiot, never good enough no matter how much you try to do good, impress people etc?.. Just checking to see if there's any "others" out there.

2. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Absolutely! I know how you feel. Probably why I enjoy working nights so much!

3. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    YOu are not alone in feeling like this at all.

But is there a reason? a particular issue that makes you feel this way.

the world would be a very boring place if we were all exactly the same.

But equally it can be a very lonely place if you feel like an outsider.

4. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Quote:Every day. Except when i am here. I think that's why us weird chicken people like this site so much! [​IMG] Birds of a feather and all that.

5. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    I hate that you feel that way. It makes every day rough to get though. I personally don't mind what people think, I am pretty self-suffient and don't seek that approveal. Not that it isn't nice , but not required mind you. I think you have to learn to like who you are and peolple see that, and can sense that confidence and admire us for that. You got that say spunk somewhere in there, you just got to find it. Then you will start liking your self. Good luck to you, and try this tomorrow.

6. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I have often felt that way! But then I think " who cares if anyone approves of me"!!?? I stay true to myself and strive to be the best person I can be, and if people don't like it then...oh well! sometimes the people that make us feel that way are the ones with the problem not us!! So don't put too much weight in how others make you feel ,chances are they are the ones that are "not up to parr" not you!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I hope things get better soon!![​IMG]

7. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:there's probably a lot really, I've felt like this most of my life. even went through a phase where i didn't talk to ANYONE.. i stuck to myself and never said a word.

8. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Honestly I used to but then I found out I suffer from chronic depression. So now I have medication and the world is a much brighter place.

9. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Well, I am sure there are millions of people that feel this way...I have been in your shoes. Try to smile at everyone, try to keep a positive attitude. Most of all, do not try to be 'prefect' for everyone/every situation--- Be true to who you REALLY are.. Do not try to get everyone's approval. I have always told my children, friends, coworkers-- If you are always agreeing with everyone--You are lying to someone--"

BIG question: how long have you felt like this?? It seems the older I get the less I care about others approval and more about my own opinions, ideas and needs/wants..

10. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    I very often feel this way...but then, after I've sank back into my shell and have time to think for myself, I get into this state of mind: screw them and what they think.

I'm not living for them, or for their approval. If they don't like me, my opinions, or what I do, I'm not holding a gun to their heads to associate with me. The only opinions of myself that matter to me would be Gods, and my own.
    ...and my pawpaws.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by