You Gotta See This!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by newbiecaroline, Feb 1, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

(((shudders))) Don't know why, but those brightly colored pheasants creep me out. [​IMG]

2. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    I have two boy Goldens and they are the sweetest little birds. They aren't tame, but they aren't scared of people either. They make very cute little cooing noises and trill little whistles. Mine don't have their full colours yet, they should be getting them this year.

3. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    You've never seen those before?
    Those are my favorite phesant. They have some really nice stock

4. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    wow they look cool but im with cynthia, they scare me lol

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Those are kind of.... hard to describe?

6. newbiecaroline

newbiecaroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    Alberta
    Nope I have never seen anything like this pheasant or tons of the great pics here @ BYC of the many breeds of chicken...who knew? Hope some generous people will share pics of each breed, then I could choose what I would like to get into?...this could be bad. lol but newbies can learn the breeds..always easier to put a face to a name right?

7. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    I had a pair as a teenager. They're great. They don't like to be touched, but they'll come up to you and take food from you.
    I'm going to get some again. Maybe soon. I'm actually breaking the CC&R's by having the chickens, so I'm see if anyone complains about them. Not likely. If that's the case, I'll build an aviary (also against the CC&R's) and get golden pheasants next.
    Brian

8. newbiecaroline

newbiecaroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    Alberta
    I need to find out where us Albertans buy all these wonderful breeds to chose from!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by