you guys are gonna laugh at this

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AK_Button_Mama, Mar 21, 2009.

1. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    this morning while I was making pancakes I mentioned to my kids that if they wanted to make more moeny for thier savings accounts (which we just opened up at the real bank for them) today they would have to help clean the house.... My DD started telling my DS that if he did chores he could save up to buy some new legos. he says to her NOPE thats CHICKEN money!!!!! I asked him if he was going to buy a chicken with it. he said yeah my chicken eva's eggs have been soft for a while I think shes really old and its time we got a replacement for her and put her in the freezer! I was astounded.... I told him he was a smart kid!

times like those that make me really LOVE my kids (not that I dont love them other times its just they drive me crazy and days like today when he says something SMART that makes me forget about the daily torture he puts me thru)

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    [​IMG] darn tootin.

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    thats great...

kids we all love them [​IMG]

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]
    That is a cute story. [​IMG]

5. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Sometimes I am amazed at just how smart some kids are! You must be doing a great job. [​IMG]

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    let me send that little guy some eggs, tell him Auntie Patty sent him eggs so he can go get him some Legos anyhow! [​IMG]

7. AK_Button_Mama

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    thats funny cause he has lotsa adoptive aunties.. we would gladdly add you to the list of aunties Miss Patty!!!

dont worry about this kids lack of legos.. he has ALL the indiana jones, the building one-like the cop station, the oil rig, the air port, the dump truck and trash truck, and ALL the starwars ones except the death star play set (that one cost 600 bucks) he doesnt want for much.... and he knows daddy like the legos almost as much if not more than he does so he doesnt have to buy the legos Dad will get the legos for him!!!

so miss patty what kind of eggs do you have other than the BCM? he might wants some anyhoo!!!

8. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Hey Aunti Carol here says good for him..he is a keeper..a kid giving up the legos for chicks that is great ..you have a good son there..makes me want to buy his legos for him..

9. AK_Button_Mama

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    its moments like those that make me forget about his totally making me nutso most other times. he can be a good kid... and I LOVE him!!! he is MY stink butt!

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I just have the usual suspects, an olive egger, mottled bantam cochins, CBM, BBS marans, which the blacks seem to be shipping the best, in the brooder there is some Blue/Splash silkies, a couple seramas, some blue/black marans, in the bator, mottled cochins, NN x CBM, Mottled Javas LF, frizzled mille fleurs, splash showgirls, CBM, olive eggers, BBS marans, and under a broody I have some BLRW eggs that were tossed over a six foot fence onto the cement driveway...[​IMG] and left to sit in the sun all day... and another broody I just put the Split Lav Orp project eggs... and that is about it... unless you want to talk lovebirds... don't get me started on THOSE!!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by