You guys are sneaky

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mjdtexan, Oct 17, 2008.

1. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I found this forum by accident. We started out wanting to fence in the back 3 acres and raise a couple or three steers. We are still gonna do that, but before I knew what happened I done up and built a brooder and ordered 20 chicks. Heck, I didnt even know what a brooder was 3 weeks ago. Very sneaky, I've got my eye on yall now. [​IMG]

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    na na...and you've already racked up 120 posts.

it only gets worse...believe you me.

me,
    g

4. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    better watch us,,,,we'll have those 3 acres covered over with hen houses and runs in a heartbeat,,,,watch out cows,,,,chickens are comin,,,,, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

yeah...i know what you mean...i *ONLY WANTED* my four chickens. Till i discovered incubation. Now i have two batches...one batch of five silkies, and one batch of four mutts. Sneaky sneaky....

6. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    We are not sneaky! We gave you full warning! (though I think everytime you find this website you should have to read a disclaimer about the addiction [​IMG]) Whats sneaky is they dont tell you how much you spend to pamper those little fuzzybutts. I think I spend more on them to keep them happy than I spend on my DH! HElp I'm addicted!!

7. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    And you will NEVER be able to get your eyes off of here now!! [​IMG]

Wanna good laugh?

My husband was making 'gone country' jokes to me, as I was raised as a city girl my whole life.... 28 years before I moved to this house. I told him, I should get chickens and livestock then. He laughed.... so I decided to research chickens and throw out info and ideas to really just freak him out. Make him THINK I was serious. Then I found BYC... then I saw Silkies.... now I have chickens and no soul left to spare!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  8. lesliet

lesliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Webster, FL
    Very Very addicting, was only going to get 4 hens
    Now I have 6 RIR's 3 BA's, 3 Black Sex Linked, 2 White Orps (1 roo) 3 Buff Orp (1 roo) 2 EE, 2 Jersey Giants and now 3 silkies.
    I think I went over 4 [​IMG]

9. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Sneaky,,,yeah,,,check my Avatar title,,,,,I come in here reading posts and starein at hen houses when no one is lookin,,,, I don't answer posts,,,I don't let anyone know I'm lookin at fuzzybutts,,, started out with four [​IMG] and grew from there,, all these people loving what they do,,,makin me love what I do,,,just [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] !!!!! It won't stop,,,it never goes away,,,all that starein at neighbors sheds,,,starein at out buildings,, run now,,,, go now,,,,last warning,,,, [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. peapickinchicks

peapickinchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, KY
    I was just thinking of maybe 6, 8 at the MOST. I have 13 and 8 on the way.[​IMG], I love it. It snuck up on me too. I can't wait to get my work done so I can get on here.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by