You guys, it is all your fault......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MaryT, Aug 19, 2008.

1. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    Well thanks to all of you I am now in the process of building a homemade incubator...........I caught the illness that seems to run rampant on this forum....... can't just stop at chicks from a hatchery, on to bigger and better ....lol I will be trying to hatch my BO eggs they are fertilized by a EE roo........... Hmmm wonder what they are gonna look like.....
    So any way I have caught the bug and hope to pass it on to my kids............lol

2. kwynn's birds Alaska

kwynn's birds Alaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    [​IMG]
    you got the chicken fever too? Mrs. Ak-bird-brain got me started on it too. I got all kinds of things in the bator. Working on getting another, or just making my own.

3. lesliet

lesliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Webster, FL
    Yea it happens to us all my DH is now wanting to get involved. He even asked me why there was nothing hatching. I tried to tell him i was done till spring, need to get some more work done before enlarging the flock and all he could say was "why" I think he has been biten worse than me [​IMG]

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Its a wonderful addiction,lol.[​IMG]
    I have one LG incubator with eggs in it and had to get another incubator for some more eggs. There sure are worse things someone could be doing![​IMG]

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    kwynn's birds Alaska :

[​IMG]
    you got the chicken fever too? Mrs. Ak-bird-brain got me started on it too. I got all kinds of things in the bator. Working on getting another, or just making my own.

I was going to say "Don't blame me!", but hey, I'll take the credit!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    You have to watch these people MaryT!
    I think these people are really chickens and this BB is nothing but their underhanded plot to take over and erradicate the human race(think Chicken Run the movie)! Because of them I have 2 (two) brooders going right now in a room with truly not enough space for one! One is a re-labelled dog carrier/brooder with the Dominatrix Society(7 Dominigue pullets -1 possible roo that are going on 5 weeks? old) and the other with 39 mixed chicks (including Turkens, Polish,barred rocks and...????) And I still have to rebuild the gate to the run and have holes to patch in the coop before they can go out and stay safely (or relatively safely)
    I keep asking, "Where's my sign?" but NO ONE ever answers! They just tell me get more chicks and know I am beginning to hear subliminals telling me to get an incubator!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Good luck with your hatching!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    (I have 3 of Miss Prissy's chick-o-bators, and a Hovabator going right now... If I hadn't loaned out my LG to the local fair for an exhibit, I'd have 100 quail eggs going in there!!!) [​IMG]

Help meeeeee!!!

8. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    this is one illness im proud of hahahaha hope u enjoy it to hahaha [​IMG]

9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Unfortunately, there's not a vaccination for BYC disease, which is HIGHLY contagious.

10. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Iowa
    I'm wondering why that is.(contagious) My brother-inlaw got me started. Now ever nite I come home and have to get on byc. just to see what everybody is talking about. Hum, I must be hooked to . the funny thing is, it just snuck up on me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by