You have got to be kidding me...A Turtle!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by herefordlovinglady, Jun 25, 2010.

1. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
  2. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Wow, Thats pathetic

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I cant beleive they didnt at least offer to keep the turtle at the desk until the father could pick it up... I understand why they have these rules, (dont want snakes or lizards loose on the plane..Plus reptiles do carry salmonella) But they could have found a much better way to handle the whole situation.. Like even having the turtle kept with the stewardess that way noone could open teh cage etc....

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Maybe take the turtle to lost and found till dad showed up? Good grief. At PHX, the dad would never have gotten far enough into the terminal to retreive the darn thing.

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I think it was handled poorly by both the airline AND the oldest sister. From what I read they offered to let them fly for free on a later flight if they wanted to wait for dad to come retrieve it.

I could have read it wrong though.

6. Ferrret

Ferrret Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Michigan
    I'm curious as to why the older sister or the parents didn't bother to look at the airlines policy regarding pets.
    There were plenty of times in which the turtle could have been pointed out and the girls could have been told they couldn't have it on board.
    The older sister, at 22, should have better reasoning skills that 'Let's put it in the trash, Dad can find it there.' [​IMG]
    The whole situation could have been avoided if they had looked at the pet policy to begin with.
    It was all handled poorly by everyone involved, but I really don't see why it is major news.

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:Because Mama called the group that shall remain nameless. Again a case in society where the 22 year old sister has been raised to not take responsiblities for her own actions.

8. sune42

sune42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    I just can't believe they thought it was a good idea to put it in the trash. That's terrible.

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

Note in the picture said turtle is under 4 inches long, with the article saying 2 inches, which I believe in most states if not all by now is ILLEGAL to have in the first place without a educational permit.

10. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:People put babies in the trash. What's a turtle?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by