You have got to be kidding me!?!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Year of the Rooster, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I just looked at My Pet Chicken's website and they said that all bantams have to be ordered in the Bantam Assortment package. I was too late [​IMG] Do you think I may be able to call them and ask if its too late? They have all the standard breeds that I want and the only bantams I want are 2 silkies pullets, 2 golden sebrights pullets, and 1 golden sebright cockeral. Was I too slow? [​IMG] and should I wait until next year?

2. olp_63

olp_63 Chillin' With My Peeps

I hear ya. I went on there about three days ago, frantically searching the site for sebrights. I was/am SO mad about the assortment rule!

3. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I know it is ridiculous! [​IMG]

4. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Any advice on if I should wait or not? [​IMG] Or what I should do?

5. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    Will cripple creek mail you just a few?

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I've noticed that the large hatcheries are dwindling in their availability now. It's pretty late in the season. Your best bet is probably to find someone locally - Craigslist ad, or something similar. [​IMG] Or see if anyone here has some. [​IMG]

7. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I guess I could try Craigslist or somewhere locally and what is Cripple Creek? I've never heard of it. I was relying on My Pet Chicken since their chicks are sexed. [​IMG] Does anyone know of anyplace else that has sexed bantams?

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Most hatcheries don't sex the bantams... I think there was a thread a few months ago about that. I don't know any right off the top of my head, but I think I heard that there was one. Hopefully someone remembers. [​IMG] Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  9. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by