you just got to look!I am soo cute.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chicksinthemachine, Aug 21, 2008.

1. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    [​IMG]This is the second farmers hatch any guesses? Quite a contrast to the first batch I just love it to pieces already. I sure do hope for hen![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. tpflabs

tpflabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Metamora, Illinois
    ok, I am going out on a limb here, but the black ones are probably Barred rocks, and from the look of them, you have two boys. I was told by a breeder that all little Barred Rock boys have white dots on the back of their little heads.. I hope some one corrects me if I am wrong, because I have 12 BR eggs in the 'bator..

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I just have to say, you're right! Sooooo cute! [​IMG] My mom used to say, "They're cute for only about three days, and THEN, they start growing COMBS!" [​IMG]

4. chicksinthemachine

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    I hope you are right I have 2 year old PBR and would love for her to have a mate. Chicks still like older girls right? LOL [​IMG]

5. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    Are you "potty" training that sweet little bitty already?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  6. chicksinthemachine

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    [​IMG] I wish it were that easy they'd all be Potty trained! [​IMG][​IMG] Any Ideas as to what kind my peep is? I asked the farmer and he said he has banty's and egg layers(whatever that is suppossed to mean). I mean come on all hens lay eggs, duh!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  7. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    I'd say that the blackies were PBR or Dominique, if you have those. The little yella fella could be an RIR or buff sumthin.

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    My barred rock had a white spot on the head and it's a hen [​IMG] I hear that is for sex link males only. White spots on black sex link means boy. All black...girls. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  9. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Both girls and boy barred rocks have spots on there head. The size and compactness of them is what determines if it is a boy or a girl. I think a smaller more compact spot is a boy and a larger more spead out spot is a girl, but it could be the other way around. [​IMG]

10. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    I got 3 barrred pullets and their white spots were big. They better be pullets! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by