You know Mom's need to shower too......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahBeth9394, Dec 26, 2010.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Do the other family members wait till they can smell mom from the other side of the room before they get themselves out of the bathroom and let the hot water heater fill back up so mom can take a shower. I wanted a shower on Christmas Eve. I wasn't stinky but thought it would be nice to be nice and fresh for Christmas day. I didn't get a chance. Christmas day is always to busy so that didn't happen either. This morning I get up, have breakfast. The little one gets up and I have to pop her in the shower since she had an accident. Get that done. Hubby comes in from the store and I tell him "hey I really need to get in the shower". He's cool. I turn and look down the hallway to see my 17 year old's bathroom door closed and it was like an anvil landing on my head. So it will be another half hour till I can get in there. I swear if anyone gets in my way the ugly is coming out.

So my hubby says this morning "man we didn't take any pictures yesterday". Even he doesn't realize why I didn't get the camera out. Today is the youngest child's birthday do you really think that camera is coming out if I don't get my turn in the shower.

2. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hoo-boy! You really got me rollin! [​IMG]

...Actually, I've been there so I know what your talkin about! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    on demand gas hot water heater.
    we have saved the cost of the heater several times over...and I always have hot water!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They can be in the shower and I can run the dishwasher without hearing screaming from the other room.

I can wash the really soiled laundry in hot water, I always have hot water for cleaning dishes, it is wonderful.
    Plus, the gas company gives you a big rebate for buying the gas water heater.
    My husband figures we use around $5.00 above the base rate on hot water.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I actually had to ground my DD from showering for a day so that I COULD get a shower!!! She was 17, and took looooooong showers using nothing but hot water, and ALWAYS wanted to wait until right after supper so she could talk to her BF on the phone while I cooked [​IMG] By the time I got everything put away, she was usually in there already. It is sooooo annoying to have to fight to get a shower! It'd be all out war momma, if they mess you up this time!! I'm with ya on this one ALL the way!

5. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    Ok now's my chance. DD just asked for breakfast (she had wisdom teeth surgery Wed so I'm not gonna get on her this time). So I'm gonna have dad take care of it for me. We'll see how it goes. I feel horns growing out my skull.

Oh 3goodeggs we don't have gas here. Electric only and hubby is thinking of moving after the teens graduate.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  6. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    Quote:I want one...wait.....I take that back..I NEED one.....

Gonna get to checkin' out the Lowes & HomeDepot sites...

7. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    SCORE ONE FOR MOM! Hubby took care of the teens breakfast and told me to knock it out. I am clean and I smell good. After my shower we did birthday gifts for my youngest. She loves leapfrog at school so we got her the new TAG pen and she is lovin it.

8. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I have learned my lesson never to take showers after my dh and dd.Ds is in and out like me. Sometimes I will wait till everyone is sleeping and take a nice long SUPER hot shower.Glad to read you finally got your turn!

Happy Birthday to your little one!

9. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I am known to take a bath or shower at 1 in the morning. I will get up specifically so I can grab a nice hot one, and then i go back to bed.

I have been promised my own personal on demand hot water heater in the new house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by