You KNOW SOME PEOPLE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by deChickyHen, Sep 28, 2011.

1. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Are just plain old rude... [​IMG] . My NOSEY NOSEY NOSEY neighbor comes over with calling or anything cause she saw me in the yard [​IMG] , then she's looking at my chicks. Oh they are so pretty.... Oh I love that you have different breeds, I've raised chickens most of my life.... why do you have sooo many? I'm like lady please take a breth [​IMG] . Then she's asking me about the breeds, and says Why did you get those red sex links or stars as we call them... I just simply say... cause I wanted to.... she say well they are not a real breed it's a worthless chicken... I say HOLD UP HOLD UP... [​IMG] I happen to like them the best out of all the other breeds, they are the most friendly and they will be great egg layers and why O why are you so concerned about whats goin on in my yard, you should be concerned about your own yard and animals, then she goes on to say well I wasn't tryna be rude... was just curious is all.... I'm like sure you were!!! then one came an pooped on her shoe..... [​IMG] LOL

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    How rude to come over uninvited and call your pets worthless. I would have said something about nosy know it all neighbors being worthless...

3. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Quote:HAHAHA When she pooped on her ... I said Well I guess she thinks your worthless too!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Then you should have said, "Get off my property Poop Shoe!" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Uh, sorry, I get carried away sometimes. [​IMG]

5. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] "Poop Shoe"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Give that hen more treats!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. packmomma

packmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Argos, IN
    Yeah my nosey neighbor doesn't have to worry about what I have anymore. She kept ticking me off so I got a Rooster! [​IMG] Now she gets to hear him crow like every two seconds when we are outside [​IMG] I hate nosey neighbors.

8. ChickenGirl165

ChickenGirl165 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Melbourne
    Thats terrible! Red-Sex Links are awesome!

9. mamachicken888

mamachicken888 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    East Oklahoma
    I wondered where MY MOTHER went this afternoon! [​IMG]

...and then she went screaming for the garden hose. Hmmmm

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  10. bantamboy93

bantamboy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Well, I've got no desire to raise Red Stars. But that's personal choice. I'm not big on the eggs. So it doesn't matter to me much. I wouldn't mind someone coming and looking at my birds with me. it'd give me a chance to show off my babies. Lol. But that's totally rude. I used to go to this chicken auction in my area. And there was this old man who was fat and looked like Santa Claus after he spent too much time in jail/a bar... or something. except he had a shaved head/beard. Anyways. He was a jerk. And he would come up to my cages and would be like, your birds aren't purebred. I wouldn't have them. And so on and so forth. He only raises purebred birds. Ugh. Ok. I love purebred birds. I just find them more appealing to me. But my uncle is the exact opposite of me. The only purebred birds he has are ones he's bought at feed stores. But he just interbreeds them with his others. And i'm so OCD about that sort of thing. At the time, I didn't have purebred birds. But now I do. That lady was super out of line telling you your birds are worthless.. Even though i'm not a big fan of them, we all know here that Red Stars are gonna make you some great layers! Good luck with your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by