You know the chickens are wayyyy to fat when........

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I went out to collect eggs and visit with my girls ( and Clyde ) I opened the coop to find that the lower perch was broken in two ! it looked like to many of the girls were taking a nap or something and it broke the perch right in the middle ... I guess that is what happens when you give them way to many treats
roll.png
so now when DH gets home we will have to take out the broken one and replace it with a nice thick tree branch that I found hopefully that holds up under the ummmmm " full figured girls "

it is always something new with them LOL
tongue.png

Julie

lau.gif
My hens have broken the roof on their shelter. They always roost on the top part that hangs over the side. I went out to collect eggs and the whole thing had fallen down! Maybe we should cut back on the scratch and scraps of food.....

I guess those four light brahma's you have aren't so "light"
big_smile.png

I have Orps and they are getting so big now that I might have to expand the opening to the coop.

Last edited:
I haven't had a problem with my chickens, it's my turkeys that are breaking everything. I have two boards on the top edge of two pens that they've broken in two by perching their humongous butts up on them at night. Heaven forbid they try to use the chicken roosts!
barnie.gif

I wish I could get my hens fat. They have layers pellets available all day and too many treats but they are so thin a breeze would blow them away.

I showed DH the perch when he got home - and he said " that proves it you are feeding them way to much " LOL they still have the upper perch to use - they are going to have to wait till this weekend till we get a chance to fix it.
maybe I should just stick with banty's and forget the bigger breeds LOL

Julie

edit ** they are getting apples for a treat today !!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom