You know what I love?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Jennyhaschicks, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I gave my goldendoodle a bath this evening. She is a precious, 13 week, black curly haired darling of a dog. I love the look and the feel of her little curls after she dries.

I don't like to follow trends and wasn't planning on getting a doodle, but she was given to us. For free.. I wold recommend them as she is so loving and they are such smart dogs.
    [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wish I could find a large white poodle stud to breed Lilly our Golden Retriever. I hear Golden Doodles are the bomb and maybe if she had a nice male, I could keep him and I wouldn't be allergic. I love Lilly but am VERY allergic to her.

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Name? My friend has goldendoodles. I've never been one for designer breeds, but her family is so responsible with their dogs, health checks, hips tested, everything. Healthy pups that were socialized and interviews were started at 6 weeks and lasted 4 weeks. Then families had 2 weeks to get ready for the pups.

Their is a difference between hybrids and overpriced mutts. Most goldendoodles are just precious

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The pups can go either way, right? You want the good of each breed (temperament of the retriever with the hypo-allergy of the poodle) but what happens if all the pups are the opposite (distempered sneeze causing)?

BTW, sorry to any poodle lovers out there... I'm not a huge fan, but I LOVE golden and lab retrievers!

5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Are you able to post a picture? Never heard of a doodle before. [​IMG]

Ok, I just googled it, what cuties!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    dogbreedinfo.com has pretty much every hybrid. There are tons of pictures!

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'd love a male like this Golden Doodle...

[​IMG]

Like I said, I'd love to have a Large White Standard that could breed my Lilly. Problem is most folks that have a large white standard would NEVER allow that to happen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by