You know what's cute?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by goldeneggtees, Oct 17, 2009.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I walk out to the "ladies" with treats in a bowl. They ignore the bowl and only want what's in my hand. I was breaking up the left over pasta for them and putting it back into the bowl. But the broken up pieces in the bowl apparently didn't taste as good as the pieces in my hand. [​IMG] I think that's cute!

2. cowpunkmom

cowpunkmom Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2009
    Me, too!

I guess our girls know where their food comes from, eh?

Maybe not so cute when they try to eat the zipper on my coat, my ring, my shoelace...[​IMG]

3. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    You must do a lot more hand feeding than I do--mine would take the bowl every time over the scary human's hand, even if it does bring me food and water and treats all the time. [​IMG]

4. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Quote:I do feed them treats all the time and handle them quite a bit. They are extremely friendly to us, sometimes too much so. They know no boundaries! [​IMG]

5. ubumartin

ubumartin Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2009
    Raynham, Ma
    That is so cute! They sound like a lovable bunch.

6. SC_Hugh

SC_Hugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I cup my hands so that they rub their wattles on my hand while they eat, feels like chicken love!

[​IMG]

7. mitchroofing

mitchroofing New Egg

Jul 23, 2009
    I love hand feeding my hens. When I hold one under my arm, I scratch their feathers on their heads. Their eyes kinda roll. They know no fear. They peck at my newly painted toenails, and I don't mind.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Mine peck at the mole on my right leg... and it hurts sometimes!

9. goldeneggtees

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I got pecked on the nose by Mrs. Cuddlesworth a few weeks ago and it really hurt. I walked around with a scab on my nose for a week. It looked like I didn't wipe my nose properly. Talk about embarassing! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by