you know you kids are addicted to chickens when......(add your storry)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Dar, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    My kids were watching Dragonheart the new beginning... and in the movie the camera pans across the marketplace and my kids got all exicited that there was a silkie in the movie and my DS was more observant he noticed it was a non-bearded silkie

and I was watching Gone With the Wind last night and there is a rooster with a black body and a white head running around caus ehe was about to become dinner...well i have been racking my brain to figure out the breed of rooster...

lol [​IMG] I need a life

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    you know your kids are addicted to chickens when.....on the first day of school, your 9yr old daughter gives her teacher an egg instead of an apple! Couldn't believe Emily wanted to do this, but she most definitely did! [​IMG]

3. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    You know your kids are addicted to chickens when my two boys cry and carry on when I tell them no you can not go sleep in the coop tonight.

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:thats funny [​IMG]

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

You know your family is addicted to chickens when yourDD comes home after the first day of school and says she wants to bring the chickens in to share for her Star Week. [​IMG]

6. smfamf

smfamf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My daughter wants to take a different chicken for show-and-tell every Friday. This is her first year in school.

7. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

When your daughter makes a harness and leash for her Silkies so she can take them to Pet day at the library.

8. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    When you goes as a family for a walk after dinner and your 15 year old DS has to take his OEGB Roo with him.

9. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    1.) When you overhear your 4 yr old DD telling her Grandmother what "pastybutt" is... [​IMG]

2.) When your 7 yr old DD sets up a radio next to the incubator so the eggs "won't be lonely" while she's at school. [​IMG]

3.) When you realize DDs have basically TRAINED the Serama Hen to come inside & lay an egg on the downstairs futon. [​IMG]

Here is 4 yr old Sami, trying to convince me that she should be allowed to sleep under the Brooder:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] What a cute story!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by