1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

You KNOW You Want 'Em! Just $1 Ea/9 Wks Old!/ N. Ga.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jun 18, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Speckled Sussex, Delaware, Barred Rock, Splash Orpington Cockerels (maybe 1 SS pullet?)
    All purebreds. Make me an offer!

Have mostly SS, but I so need these to sell soon so at this age, they are less than most day old chicks-just $1 ea. At this price, re-sell them even. When I sold some the other day, the man had never heard of SS and was fascinated by their feather patterns, so much so that he took two cockerels to go with the pullet he bought. I'm near the juncture of NC, GA and TN. PickUp/Cash Only.
    The Splash Orp is from a breeder and would make some very beautiful chicks for you and one of the Barred Rocks is especially gorgeous, full of personality and crowing like a tiny squeeky-toy, LOL.
    Here are recent pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  2. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    how many do you have to sell and are the pullets or cocks.do you ship also

3. speckledhen

They are all cockerels except one Speckled Sussex that could possibly be a pullet. I've been trying to figure that one out and some have said it looks like a pullet-its the SS in the picture above. The first man that came took all of my pullets except the SS in question. It's way too hot where I live to ship, plus I've never done that and wouldnt be comfortable with it anyway, sorry.
    There are 4 Speckled Sussex, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Delaware and 1 Splash Orpington that is going to be a very big boy. Heck, an Orpington in the Blue family like this Splash alone would cost $5 as a straight run chick, so he could be resold to pay for the others, then resell them, too. I just have to get these to their new homes ASAP.

4. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    SpeckledHen,

I'd love to take one of your birds, but it's way to far for me!! They are all beautiful though. I wish you the best of luck finding these boys (and girl) a new home!

-Meghan

P.S. Love those SS's. What beautiful markings!

5. speckledhen

I'd love for you to take a couple up to beautiful Maine! The Speckled Sussex my DH is holding in the picture had so much white (still does actually) that it was rather homely for awhile. I was even calling it "the troll", poor baby. Now that it's changing, it is becoming quite handsome, or pretty, if it's truly a pullet. They are so unusual and keep changing as they grow, losing alot of the white and getting the patterned feathers-an interesting breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by