You know your chickens are spoiled when..............

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Jun 24, 2010.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    You know your chickens are spoiled when................

1. you let them sit on your lap to watch as you browse BYC on the computer
    2. you share your french fries and vanilla frappe drink with your favorite hen as she sits on your lap
    3. you mix water with the chicken's feed because they like it better that way
    4. you say goodnight to your chickens every night, and good morning to them every morning
    5. you feed them waaaayyyy more treats than they need! [​IMG]
    6. you push your favorite rooster around in a stroller around the yard [​IMG]
    7. you post a lot of pictures of your chickens on BYC (entering them in contests, showing them off, etc. [​IMG])
    8. you make movies about them (on iDVD with their pictures and music included...and then all you do is just burn the movie onto a DVD! [​IMG])
    9. you record your rooster(s) crowing with your cell phone
    10. you talk about them at school/at work all the time
    11. you have hundreds of pictures of your flock on your computer
    12. you talk to your chickens in a baby voice [​IMG]
    13. you talk to your chickens like they're a real person [​IMG] [​IMG]
    14. you're making a thread about "when your chickens are spoiled..." because that means you have to list all the reasons in the first place, which means you have experienced these reasons or do them in the first place anyway! [​IMG]

For me...I know that my chickens are spoiled when....well, all of the above apply! [​IMG]

Feel free to add your own. [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Who is spoiling whom?

3. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    What do you mean spoiled? Isn't that how you're supposed to treat chickens? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Mine are sooooo spoiled. They get food, water and fresh air. They get to free range when I can be out there. They get medical care as needed.

They do NOT get treated like a dress up dolly toy. That right there makes them spoiled.

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:[​IMG] Uhhmmm...Mine don't either. [​IMG] But thanks for posting that anyways...for whatever reason. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  6. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    15. Take time to pick little things out of their feathers and off their beaks. [​IMG] (i'm not joking- it can take more than 15 minutes!)
    16. after giving my one chicken a bath, (she had a crooked beak and couldn't clean herself right) i blow dried her. [​IMG]

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    *chicken+quail=luv* :

15. Take time to pick little things out of their feathers and off their beaks. [​IMG] (i'm not joking- it can take more than 15 minutes!)
    16. after giving my one chicken a bath, (she had a crooked beak and couldn't clean herself right) i blow dried her. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    i thought giving them medical care was part of the basics... O.e

-when your 2 month old roo knows his name
    -shares their Blizzard with u

9. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Hahaha that's adorable! Mine does this too...he responds by making a gurgling noise whenever I say his name! [​IMG]

And yes, medical supplies is part of the basics...to those of you who questioned what it means to "spoil your chicken(s)", it means going above and beyond by, well, spoiling them. I would think that's pretty obvious...Normally chickens don't need everything that is being listed here, such as treats, etc. but we give treats to them anyway...in most cases, way too many treats, too! [​IMG] Not just food and water and medical care and shelter. That's what they need. Spoiling them is giving them things that they don't necessarily need, but we love them so much that we give them things that they don't need anyway. [​IMG]

10. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    -When you rock your 10 day old chick to sleep [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by