You know your husband is THE ONE when...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by iamcuriositycat, Jul 12, 2011.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    You know your husband is THE ONE when: At midnight, after an extraordinarily long Monday and having spent the past two hours stranded in a deserted parking lot, he sees you fire up the incubator and asks with absolutely no trace of dismay: "Oh, are you hatching eggs now?"

[​IMG]

A friend had a broody abandon the nest. One egg looked viable, but they weren't sure, so I checked it out. Looked healthy--good vein development, everything clean and healthy-looking inside, but it was cold and had been all day, and there was no movement. Nevertheless, I told them to stick it back under the broody (who was now on the nest for the night) and bring it to me in the morning and I'd see what I could do.

Friend shows up at 9 this morning with an egg under his arm. Sure enough, little sucker is doing somersaults in there, veins pulsing away.

Fortunately, the incubator I set up last night, to my husband's complete and inexplicable lack of dismay, was ready and waiting.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    It's good to have a special someone who accepts one's projects, especially projects that are a little off the beaten path of many others.
    [​IMG]

3. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    Where would we be without these wonderful men who just accept and come to expect this kind of behavior from us [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by