You know you're a poultry owner if you...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 4theloveofhens, Jun 11, 2010.

1. 4theloveofhens

4theloveofhens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    When cleaning my 4 girls' "brooder" today (currently in the bathroom), I kept getting shavings stuck to my feet, and then presumably saw that shavings have found places around my entire home (small, but still). [​IMG]

Therefore, you know you're a poultry (chicken, duck, turkey, whatever it may be!!) owner if you...

...Have pine shavings stuck to your feet and all around the house

...Sacrifice bed linens and towels so that you can have play time with chicks on your lap

Keep the thread going!!! Might be fun to read what people say! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    You said a mouthfull, 4theloveofchicks!
    My house, and front garden and sink are constantly covered in pine shavings!
    My question, now...can I use this as mulch this year, or should I let it rot down a bit???

Bright Blessings

3. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

OH! Forgive the faux pas! 4theloveofhens!!!
    So sorry!

4. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    you take your chicken magazine "Back Yard poultry" to work to read during lunch.

5. barredrockgrl

barredrockgrl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    You know you're a poultry owner when you don't even blink when a broody hen poops on your shirt. Ever smell broody poop? You have to love chickens to deal with that![​IMG] I don't bring pine shavings in because my "coop shoes" never leave the mud room. I figure the dogs bring enough dirt in.

6. barredrockgrl

barredrockgrl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    D'Angelo N Va. :

you take your chicken magazine "Back Yard poultry" to work to read during lunch.

I feel like less of a freak now. Thank you for this post.[​IMG]

7. Ramsdale

Ramsdale Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2010
    West Michigan
    When you have to ask in the morning before heading out the door..."Do I have chicken **** on my back?"

8. Fat Bottom Farm

Fat Bottom Farm Out Of The Brooder

When your kitchen counter has more items for chickens on it than for people. Feeders, Waterers, feed, supplements....

9. turtlebird

turtlebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2009
    ....feel something brushing your leg as you walk and you look and see nothing, so continue. This happens ever so often for the next few days UNTIL you leave Target and return to your vehicle and look down and notice a little chickie poo and a fluffy little feather stuck to the ground RIGHT WHERE YOU STEPPED OUT OF THE VEHICLE...[​IMG]
    You might be a poultry owner if you walk around with a feather and a little poo stuck to your sandal for days!

10. 4theloveofhens

4theloveofhens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Quote:LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by