You know you're old when...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Oblio13, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I just had an airline layover in Cancun. There was a Pat Benatar concert going on down the road.

I used to have impure adolescent thoughts about Pat Benatar that the pope would have strongly condemned.

Instead of seeing if I could get in, or even sitting on the balcony and listening, I just wished she'd shut up so I could sleep.

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Brad7558

Brad7558 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2008
    MN
    I go with you forget how old you are when someone asks. I mess this one up all the time.

4. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    You are old if you remember using those yellow, snap in adapter thingies that you needed to listen to the small records(45s, I think) I am talking about the things that kept the smaller records on the record player.

When my kids' CDs get scratched, I tell them that all we had to do was nudge the needle over the scratched part of the record and we could still listen to the song.

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Remember 'Magic Markers'? My kids yell at me about calling them that! Apparently they are plain old markers now.

Seems weird to be able to remember when MARKERS were invented!!!

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    Pet Benatar.. [​IMG] 'Love is a battle field' Lol!

How old is she getting to be now anyway?

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Hey Oblio, you are still adolescent! Doncha know old babes are where it's at?
    And BTW, the use of the word "impure" will get you busted here.

8. Brad7558

Brad7558 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2008
    MN
    Beach's in the Sand

9. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    According to goodsearch; Pat was born in 1953.

We were watching Monk the other day and he pulled out an old camera with a flashbulb... my kids had no idea what a flashbulb was. They didn't think it was a 'real' camera! [​IMG]

10. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

I told my Hubby today...that since it was Saturday night , then it would be safe for me to drink some prune juice? [​IMG]

He laughed and said , ''Just listen to us?? I think we just passed a milestone here , when your plans for Saturday night, are drinking prune juice, cause we are staying in !!! " [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by