You know you've got the chick-fever when...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by koakritters, Mar 23, 2013.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    ...You can, from across the room, over the sound of the T.V., hear the very first peeps coming from eggs on day 20! [​IMG] sooo excited, these are the first eggs from my silkies, and i also have 9 shipped bearded silkie eggs in there!!! [​IMG] everything goes right, temp 100 humidity 65 right now...

i have the two sets of eggs separated by a cardboard box... they should't be able to climb over it yet right? LOL...

2. Bill 101

Bill 101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Oregon
    Just when you think a baby chick CAN'T do something, it will.

3. Easter eggers

Easter eggers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Cool mine are on day 22and nothing I have naked necks

4. Drapery Mary

Drapery Mary Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2013
    Awww...sweet I love inside the eggs peeps. I hatched one today on day 22 and the other egg is still just sitting. Still hopeful for this one. I need to get them out of there as I have 7 more to go into the lockdown incubator today.

Here's hoping everything goes well with your hatch!

5. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    now i'm stuck in that horrible waiting period... i've got one pip i can see so far, but all is quiet again... guess i could spend the time cleaning and sanitizing the brooder pen again...

6. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    3 blacks 1 grey so far! 17 eggs to go!!! i swear if they are all dark... [​IMG]

7. Drapery Mary

Mar 15, 2013
    Congrats! My second one hasn't hatched yet and today is day 24. I candled it last night and I didn't see any kind of movement so I'm thinking he quit somewhere along the way.

With 17 more to go, you are sure to have quite a selection.

8. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    I am now up to 8! My only problem is that i have 2 different batches in there i had the incubator separated in half, but a couple got thru to the other side... i figured out where they all went except for one...

I know i have 6 regular silkies and 2 bearded so far, and it's one of the bearded i can't decide if it truly is one or not! [​IMG] i shouldn't have left for an hour!!!! The regular slkies have chance of having some cochin in them, and the 2 lighter colored ones (i know one goes on either side...) the one has black feet and the other has lighter colored feet so i am guessing that tht one goes in with the regular ones but IDK!!! [​IMG] I bought the bearded eggs and am planning on keeping them all and selling most of the regular silkies but now...

9. Drapery Mary

Mar 15, 2013
    Have they all hatched now? I have 7 waiting in the lockdown incubator to pip today. The excitement starts all over again for me.

10. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    i ended up with 12 total, 6 bearded 6 normal. the 6 normal ones are pretty much identical, the other 6 are all different colors! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by