You made me do it!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by fowlmood, Apr 2, 2009.

1. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    I really didn't plan on going into the feed store and coming out with three more chicks and two goslings but guess what? I did it!!!![​IMG] They just so happened to have toulouse geese and since you all seem to encourage such things......

I also have one of my chicken hens sitting on five duck eggs. Yeah, it must finally be spring here in northern Michigan. Now if it would only quit snowing.[​IMG]:rant

2. elliemay0305

elliemay0305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    [​IMG] who can say no to those cute little faces!! [​IMG]

3. fowlmood

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    Obviously not us!!!![​IMG]

4. foxyk91

foxyk91 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Groton, NY
    Awww...CONGRATS! I lucked out on getting any at the TSC this year because they didn't get any in:( My hubby finally said I could get a few geese this year to add to our zoo & now I can't seem to find any. I wanted 2 toulouse. I think they are soo beautiful!

GOOD LUCK![​IMG]

5. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    Never, never, go into a feed store when they have new chicks. They are addictive! I walked out the other day, having just bought 5 about a month ago. I thought, "How cute are those Pekins!". A day later my daughter calls me and says, "MOM, I have a huge favor!!"......a friend of mine bought 2 ducklings for his apartment and they found out he has them, he can't have them anymore, would you take them??"

What do you think I said!!!?? See my new website for the new cuties!! Addictive I tell you!! [​IMG]

CONGRATS to all new chick owners!

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    This is an example of why I send DH to the feed store for me in spring. I call and place my order and give her my CC number and then he picks it up. I am not foolish enough to think I can go in there and leave without some. I tried that last year and there were five lone black australorps pullets....well guess who they left with? Yes, now known as Lexi, Lucky, Lucy, Lulu and Lacey. [​IMG]

Edit: I have 10 ducklings ordered. Why? Because when we walked into the feed store together he said and I shall quote him "Dear no more chickens, pheasants, geese, guinea, horses, cows, buffalo, sheep, llamas, dogs or cats" So I ordered 10 ducklings because they were not on his list. [​IMG] he has not noticed goats are not on that list. I am looking for little nigerians now.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  7. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I am *so* jealous we don't have TSC here. It is probably for the best though. I think my hubby is one step away from moving me out to the barn as it is. [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Our feed store is a total enabler. When they have their 'chick days', you get 5 free chicks with every 50# bag of chick starter or flock raiser. Now who can turn down something like that? I have gotten 25 so far (feed flock raiser to my other babies, and the quail and ducks), with the thoughts that 'hey they're free, might as well take them. I can always take them to auction and resell them'. Yeah right. I have 2 brooders in my spare bedroom (not counting the quail brooder). One has 19 3-5 week old chicks, the other has 30 2-week and under chicks. Resell them my foot. I'm just glad they haven't gotten any geese, then I would really be in trouble! The ducklings I can resist, I have 20+ eggs in my bator right now, with another 22 eggs waiting to go in, and at least 16 more eggs on the way (not counting what my birds will lay!). [​IMG] I'll be glad when chick days are over!! [​IMG]

10. fowlmood

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    See what I mean....you all make it sound so normal to walk out of the feed store with more animals![​IMG] I'm beginning to think they built that store just for me. I certainly do my share to keep them in business. Do you know how many times I've said, "I think I have just the right amount of animals now" and then go buy more!? Ha, it never ends does it?

By the way, I love the stories on this thread.[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by