You may all call me a DUNDERHEAD!**UPDATE** PG.4! Where's my sign???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Peaguy, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Okay so went to Farm and Ranch Store today...The only one of the 4 in town that has reliably had baby birds this year, Of course they had babies! Said they were Dominiques- I would believe him as they were prolly about 3 weeks at most and were barring out but it was not really really clean barring. Am sitting there looking at them, thunking so I says to myself "self - you have 40 babies coming in 8 days and these are already at least 3 weeks old" I Answers saying "yea, true, self, but here in front of you sits Dominikers! And only $2.00 a chick and easily more than I could dare hope to raise! You wanted some and here in front of you they are"
    Yes, I resisted as I am not up to trying to introduce 4 week olds into a new batch of 40 this coming week, besides, I really really am sweating having enough space to deal with 40! fluff butts!
    So here I am... you are welcomed to call me a Dunderhead! I deserve it!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Wow - showing restraint? Is that allowed on here??!!!!

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I have chicks that are 6 weeks difference in age together, no problems! I think you need those chicks! [​IMG]

4. Peaguy

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    OMG ya'll ARE evil EVIL I SAY! See I was able to leave empty handed as I knew it was close to closing time so I DOUBT SERIOUSLY they sold any in the last 15 mins before closing. I can still go back!!!!! Hmmmmm dominikers $2.00 a peice..... 3 weeks old ...... hmmmmmmmmmmmm Yup I'm a DUNDERHEAD!

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    What were you thinking?? Doms and you said 'no'???? Oh, we do have work to do on you....

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    (Everybody chant!!!)
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.
    Go back and get them.

7. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Peaguy! You did what? [​IMG] I can't believe this. [​IMG] Tell me you are just kidding about this. You do realize that as a result of you actions your future membership on BYC is in jepordy. I am amazed that a mod has not already banned you for life. [​IMG]

As Chirpy said, We have some serious work to do with you. This ain't healthy at all. Therapy might well be in order. [​IMG]

8. Peaguy

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Okay let me stir this pot with an even bigger stick..... I forgot to mention that they were special order and the lady they ordered for got all she wanted AND THEY WERE ORDERED AS ALL PULLETS! even though some were looking kinda roo-ish to me ( I am no expert! Heck I'm even thunking I'd be worried about identifying them from the 5 BR's I have coming in 8 days! How uncertain can I be?)
    There pot is stirred I think I'll let it simmer overnight (can't go back until they open at 9:00 in the morn anyway and I'm working graveyard 10:00-6:00 tonight)

9. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:That's just as cute as cute can be "self". Awwwwwww just do tell how you resisted. I mean really! tell us how you did it.

10. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Quote:You are an enabler hahahhahah

There should be a vaccination for this

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by