You might be a Redneck if-

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mley1, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mley1

mley1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2008
    Your wife and son are planting veggies in tires, your chickens are free ranging in the backyard, and the chicken coop has a tarp for a roof with plywood wired to the front wall for a wind break.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I might be a redneck, but I have a question, will the tire garden get enough sun where it is, looks like the grass under the deck is suffering, possibly from lack of sunlight. will you be able to move the garden at a later date?? How will you keep chickens out of the GARDEN when you get sprouts?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. mley1

mley1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh yea, it'll get enough sun. They are in direct sunlight right there for the most part. The grass is dead because we killed it with round up prior to doing the tire garden. It's a bit hard getting a mower in there so we wanted the grass taken care of prior to planting. The plants that vine out and travel a bit will be going in there. That area gets lots of sun.

We only let the chickens out when we are able to be in the yard supervising. They stay pretty much by the swingset and the coop. We have a border collie dog that is actually tied near where the tire garden is. The dog gets tied up anytime the chickens are out. So, they tend to stay away from that area.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  4. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I bet he sprayed it with grass killer. I have planted in tires. It works great.

5. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    My chickens ate our garden, we might have to fence in a bigger area in when the garden is growing. Mine free range all the time.

6. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Has anybody ever planted hay bales.

7. kaylakala

kaylakala Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Melbourne Florida
    You might be a redneck if.....

Your neighbors butcher a pig right in their carport.

My kids went over too see if their kids could play.

Bryan my 4 year old kept telling me about Aaron's "bad pig"

It was sooo bad Arron had to hang in up and chop it up.

8. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    I did a post on my blog about this last summer. Here are a couple of the pictures from that post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can read the whole post here.

9. mley1

mley1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2008
    Quote:Our chickens only free range when we can be outside supervising them. We have a couple of dogs that would love to get a hold of one. Also, there are lots of dogs in the neighborhood. So, we are very carefull with letting them out.

10. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    We had promblems with dogs getting our but the guy has them tied up now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by