1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

You might be an addict when..

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Wolf-Kim, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I was watching a small part of the show Family Guy and I found myself asking "What breed of chicken is he fighting with?". LOL. You might be an addict when while watching cartoons you are identifying chicken breeds. LOL

I thought it was a Buff Orpington rooster.

Am I alone on this issue? Are there others who identify breeds in silly stuff like cartoons or shows?

-Kim

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    You might be an adict when........
    You talk to your chickens in their language. [​IMG]

3. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Noooo you are not alone. I was at my mom's the past weekend and was "studying" her placemats trying to ID the rooster on them!

4. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008
    I've tried to identify breeds in art as well. I can't do it most of the time. LOL. Most of them look like Brown Leghorns or Games.

What was Foghorn Leghorn?

-Kim

5. EllyMae

Ummm, hilarious?

6. Wolf-Kim

Jan 25, 2008
    I was thinking of a Lakenvelder, but they don't come in red that I know of. Maybe I'll put it on my "maybe one day breeding project".

-Kim

7. EllyMae

I'm really thinking of incubating eggs. I am still researching the whole concept and trying to read up on it as much as I can. When I was growing up, the hen always did that so that will be a "first" for me.

8. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    I saw that! I actually hoped the ROO would win but no such luck. [​IMG]

9. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Yep. There was a silkie roo on some Disney show. He was a poor specimen though. lol. I also get mad when books, tv, etc. say a chicken is a certain breed that it isn't. Like in this Webster Dictionary I was looking at had a pic of a so-called RIR, when it was hands down a brown leghorn. [​IMG]

10. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Quote:Oh man I have only had mine for 3 days and I am already purring at them and clucking, they love it though. I sit there with both babies on my lap and purr as I pet there backs and they purr back at me and fall asleep. I am so in love with them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by