You might be an addict when..

Wolf-Kim

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
I was watching a small part of the show Family Guy and I found myself asking "What breed of chicken is he fighting with?". LOL. You might be an addict when while watching cartoons you are identifying chicken breeds. LOL

I thought it was a Buff Orpington rooster.

Am I alone on this issue? Are there others who identify breeds in silly stuff like cartoons or shows?

-Kim

Last edited:
You might be an adict when........
You talk to your chickens in their language.
lau.gif

I've tried to identify breeds in art as well. I can't do it most of the time. LOL. Most of them look like Brown Leghorns or Games.

What was Foghorn Leghorn?

-Kim

I was thinking of a Lakenvelder, but they don't come in red that I know of. Maybe I'll put it on my "maybe one day breeding project".

-Kim

I'm really thinking of incubating eggs. I am still researching the whole concept and trying to read up on it as much as I can. When I was growing up, the hen always did that so that will be a "first" for me.

Yep. There was a silkie roo on some Disney show. He was a poor specimen though. lol. I also get mad when books, tv, etc. say a chicken is a certain breed that it isn't. Like in this Webster Dictionary I was looking at had a pic of a so-called RIR, when it was hands down a brown leghorn.
tongue.png

Quote:
Oh man I have only had mine for 3 days and I am already purring at them and clucking, they love it though. I sit there with both babies on my lap and purr as I pet there backs and they purr back at me and fall asleep. I am so in love with them!

Back
Top Bottom