You Might Be Chicken Obsessed If.......

Thortherooster

Songster
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
CA
-----WHEN YOU GO TO BUY CHICKENS ON CRAIGSLIST, AND THE PERSON IS KINDA FREAKED OUT WHEN YOU TELL THEM HOW MANY CHICKENS YOU ALREADY HAVE!

----WHEN YOU LEARN TO SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND CHICKEN TALK...

---WHEN YOUR KITCHENS THEME IS ROOSTER...

---WHEN YOUR NEIGHBORS CALL YOU THE CHICKEN PERSON...

----WHEN THE FEED STORE RECONIZES YOU AS THE CHICKEN PERSON...

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
adddd many more....

When your spouse asks you what you want for your birthday and you casually say,

"Oh, there's a poultry show about an hour from here that weekend....."

-When you are asked what you'd do if you won the lottery, the thing at the top of your list is, "Get more chickens."

-When you thoroughly enjoy the sound of a rooster's crow, while most of your neighbors complain about it being a nuisance.

-When you hug your chickens goodnight.

-When you go to the feed store, it takes you an hour to pick up three bags because you are spending so much time looking at the chickens they have for sale; even if you know you shouldn't get any more.

I'll probably think of more, but there you go.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I'm guilty of learning chickenspeak, although it's an easy language to learn, since it consists entirely of variations on "FOOD!," "RUN!," and "Put me down!"

And yes, I thoroughly enjoy the sound of a rooster crowing.

- You might be chicken obsessed if the first thing relatives say is, "How are the chickens?" almost immediately followed by hinting that they want free eggs.
lol.png

I kid you not, that is one of the first things my relatives, especially grandparents, say.
lau.gif

----if your younger sister gets you incubator for christmas

---when you get you paycheck, you calculate how many chickens you could buy with the money.

---when you never throw any food away cuz your chickens would love the food

---when all your friends give you leftovers to feed your flock

when you get way, way too happy and excited to learn that rooster you've been hearing in the distance is actually two doors up in the neighborhood - yes, someone else in the subdivision has chickens now! woo woo!

when your christmas present from your sons is a solar powered shop light setup for the under-construction, bigger coop. And the other present was one of those cap clip on flash lights, LED, so you can go check on the hens hands-free in the dark

when you get your convalescent DH a box of cute chicks just to keep him company while he recuperates at home, after being in the hospital a week after the heart attack. Just so he can take his mind off things.

Back
Top Bottom