You people are RIGHT!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Q9, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Chickens ARE an addiction! I never believed it until yesterday. What brought this up is that we've begun selling some of our birds' eggs to a friend. We were looking at our 4 RIRs and all of a sudden my dad goes, "You know, I'd kind of like to expand our little chicken operation." My mom agrees. Now, if we can find a somewhat cheaper way to build a new coop, we're probably going to get more birds! [​IMG] I pointed out that you guys (here on BYC) have been warning about this all the time, and Mom agrees that they are sort of addictive. [​IMG]

I'd also like to say thanks for all the help you've given, intentionally or not. [​IMG] We'd have some dead birds if it weren't for you. [​IMG]

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd love to add a couple more birds. The In Laws are loving getting eggs, actually FIL banned MIL from using ours for baking "those are for eating", but we usually only get 21/wk... for us four... and them... it's a stretch.

Of course, if we were looking to add specifically baking eggs, well that'd open the duck box.

Unfortunately the law here is four of any Galliformes total, so can't have four of each.
    I envy you folks who've got the freedom to expand if you want to.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] The chickens win again!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    I was JUST trolling Craigslist to see if there were any "must haves".....not that I need any. Fourteen is a nice number.....

5. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Check out the free ways people have built coops using pallets.

6. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:

That is what grandpa told grandma when we gave them ours... [​IMG]

7. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:

That is what grandpa told grandma when we gave them ours... [​IMG]

8. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:Ducks aren't Galliformes. They're Duckiformes.

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Now that the weather is cooling off the hubby and I are getting a bit more serious about building a coop. Can't wait! We've haven't had chickens in years and I'm gathering the tools he can never seem to find.

10. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:I'll look into it, but I'm not sure if that would work. Due to the size of our yard, we have to go with chicken tractors. Man, you can always tell where the birds have been. It's like a tiny nuke detonated there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by