You Really Can't Make This Stuff Up

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Capvin, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    In Austin, Texas they are recruiting homeless people to be wireless hot spots. They are given a portable MiFi and a T-Shirt that says "I am a 4G Hotspot." They are instructed where to hang out and it is suggested that people give them $2.00 per 15 minutes but they will accept anything. Now this is not the strange part. Since it seems that it was successful in Austin they have attempted to do the same thing with homeless in New York City and the homeless there have refused, saying that they can easily make $12.00 per hour pan handling and did not want to take a pay cut. Only in America!!

2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

The article I read said they were doing it in new york to but it was threw some homeless shelter...

3. Capvin

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Yes, except that the Post reported this morning that the homeless there refused because they did not want a cut in their take.

4. featherfinder

Hmm... I didnt see that anywhere in the one I read. Can you send me the article you read?

5. Capvin

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Don't know how I could do that. The article was front page this morning in the New York Post so I am betting that if you google the NY Post for today's paper you should be able to find the article. Now, remember, this is the New York Post we are talking about and if you are not familiar it is not really a newspaper but a perverted form of entertainment for New Yorkers

I did not have the actual paper, it is on my Ipad

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  6. featherfinder

Yes I know that. But I will have to google it later. The one I was reading was on AOL news so I will compare later if i can find it.

7. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    What is worse is that people felt the homeless were being taken advantage of.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey

Gee, now why would that be? [​IMG]

9. Capvin

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    The New York Post reports this morning that the idea of using homeless people in New York and elsewhere for WiFi hotspots has been abandoned bedause of the public outcry. Instead they have announced that they will be using stray beagles who will carry signs around their neck that read "Hi, my name is snoopy and I have some Hot Spots."

10. featherfinder

I found the one from yesterday. I also heard it on the radio this morning. Guess they are doing something with it in Texas this weekend as a test run. And really? Stray beagles? That doesnt sound like the best of idea's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by