you tell me Cornish or not

love2chicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
graham,washington
I am very discouraged i got them the 18 of dec. they are very small the biggest one is 2.3 lbs and the rest are about 1.10lbs am not sure what they are any ideas. hope i and not bugging any one one there with all the post. just new to meat birds thanks everyone
77285_img_0974.jpg
77285_img_0975.jpg
77285_img_0972.jpg
barnie.gif
he.gif
th.gif

The bodies are certainly shaped like a CX , but at over 5 weeks they should be much larger if you ordered fast growers . Does the hatchery you ordered from offer a slower stain ?
ETA Never mind , I see you bought them off an individual.

Last edited:
Quote:
Not exactly like a DP , just take two or three weeks longer to process and supposedly have less health issues at high elevations or feeding to larger weights .

hmmm, I agree with steve the bodyies are shaped like cornish; I'm guessing a slower strain (there are many) or someone breeding F2 maybe? But also feed and climate should be addressed, are you feeding meat bird feed free choice 12 hours a day? Do they have enought heat?

I am 12 on 12 off feed there is a 250 heat lamp in the coop I just started to turn it off at night every time i went out to check on them they were in the opposite coner of the coop. should I leave it on.

A close friend of mine had the very same problem and I have also heard of some others, who have ordered X's and theirs are small and very slow. Looks to be the same strain, a glitch in what the breeder sent the hatcheries and we just don't know what X it could be.

AL

Back
Top Bottom