You want my bank info? Sure!! I just fell off the turnip truck.

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
It's in the 20s and we had just gotten home from the grocery store when I heard someone knocking on my front door. Because I'm expecting my neighbor to bring over some eggs tonight, I opened it. Instead of my neighbor, there stood a woman with a young child (2 1/2). I invited them intomy warm house.

Turned out she was doorbelling for www.acorn.org. We chatted about problems in the neighborhood, which I haven't really experienced. Then she got down to the nitty gritty: she wanted to sign me up to be a member, at the bargain price of $10/month.

"Here, just sign up & give us your bank info. We'll start debiting the amount monthly until you tell us to stop. but if that doesn't work for you, we'll just debit $1/month and then start the monthly debits in February."

Hmmm...
lau.gif
... um lemme think...
smack.gif

OH Vie!!! ....Luckily your smart enough and wise enough to talk about it....some people get burned by that stuff and dont say a word because there embarrassed....exspecially elderly folk...

ep.gif
and she was dragging a young child out in the cold for this?? What is wrong with people. Good girl for being knowledgable (sp?) and kudos for sharing your experience so others will learn.

Back
Top Bottom