You will never belive what happened ......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cutiecochingirl, May 29, 2010.

1. cutiecochingirl

cutiecochingirl Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    Ok, so the other day my sister rang our doorbell and said guess who followed me home. It was dog and the first thing it did was it tried to attack my chickens. My mom called the sheriff and the sheriff called the dog catcher. Then at least 1 hour later my mom called again and the women on the phone said that the dog catcher would call when she is on her way. Then the dog had been with us at least 4 hours later my mom called again and the women on the phone said they don't actually call the dog catcher they just leave her a message and that the dog catcher might not even come today or tomorrow or maybe not at all! By then we had the dog at least 15 hours I woke up at 12 at night to let my dogs out cause I forgot to and they had to go. When I went out there I noticed that the dog was GONE!!! We know the owners because they give us pears to eat when the pears grow. And their house is behind our church and the church has a basketball hoop that my sister and I like to play at. When my sister and I were there that day playing by the basketball hoop the ball rolled off onto their lawn I told my sister that I would go get the ball. I don't like going onto other peoples property but the church owned the ball. So I went over there and I saw that one of their dogs had a chain embedded in it's neck. The owners went outside and saw it was embedded in it's skin so instead of bringing it to a vet they said 1 2 3 pull and I watched them yank it out of the poor dogs neck. And they have another dog who got off his leash once and I pet him he was really nice dog. But he has mange and a HUGE slash in his butt. The owners must have took the dog late at night. But if they came onto my lawn isn't that called trespassing? Now I'm just waiting for the dog catcher to come and for me to walk her down to the house and show her what they do to their dogs! [​IMG]

2. RockyPhoenix

RockyPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    North Liberty
    wow...thats all i have to say...i hope justice is served! btw i talked to your mom in chat last night! im from northern indiana..im in 4-h too!

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I could have sworn I had read this same thing from another member? Is your mom on here??

4. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Yes Rodriguez, cutiecochingirl is my younger daughter, lol. She was very upset when she discovered that the dog had been taken. She was crying like crazy. It is 3:30 and we've still not seen the dog catcher. When, and IF they ever decide to show up, I'm sending them straight down to that neighbor's house. That's no way to be keeping a dog.

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Dang...poor kid. Probably wanated a new puppy to play with! [​IMG]

Hopefully the dog catcher will at least follow up. Have you tried contacting the ASPCA for your state and seeing if they will do a welfare check?

6. cutiecochingirl

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm my ASPCA.com right now and they do come out here for them and I am going to have my mom call the dog catcher AGAIN! I will be darned if they ain't gonna show up!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ! I am the kind of person wo cannot see animals go through so much pain! That dog catcher better come or I will be soooooooooooooooo MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:mad:

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Poor dog.. has he been back today?

8. cutiecochingirl

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    Nope the owners tied him up by a chain and they didn't even put a collar on him! And he has a BIG cut in his neck with puss coming out. And the dog catcher did not come today and I am VERY mad! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]! And I hope that they get put to justice!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by